Writing A Song?

I think to stay more on topic you should maybe try to say less with more detail / words. Maybe listen to some comercial tracks and visualize / write down the plot of the song, so you can learn from the pros.

To overcome writers block you could try to look around you and make up short stories (for example I have a box of chocholate laying around, which I got from a friend for doing some stuff for her, you could make a love story out of that)

Try writing poems, for me specifically it was Haiku poems. I still write em once in a while. It's short and sweet.

Picture writing your songs like a movie.. Every great movie should have a beginning, middle, and end. Now as far as topics, you should find out what resonates with you personally from the way that you feel or the experience about most things toward the things you think about between your life, past, present, & future etc. Reflect the listener in your world and leave them with a message that hopefully they themselves can pass on.

write down all your ideas as soon as you get them in a notebook or notes app on phone, i find i think of something and then forget and wonder what to do but i had a good idea to start with just lost it too the depths of my own brain

think about telling the story, laid out your story on verse and then boom! the consequence in the chorus

Make a list of the top ten subjects you like. Then take each subject and write down words about that subject. Then structure the songs verses accordingly

Back