WHACK beats make HITS...sometimes...

J

junebugz

Have you ever noticed that some hit songs have

"FAIR" or "POOR" sounding beats, but when you attach a Famous rapper, with a catchy HOOK, the song sometimes does extremely well..........

What are your thoughts about this

I see........

So the most important thing is to BECOME famous (BUZZ), not put out good sounding music or beats.

dont get me wrong you need to be decent to be able to have everything you put out liked

EX:Eminem

his first two cds were the ****, eminem show was ok, but the only reason people liked encore:

first, cuz people like anything catchy
second, because he had so much respect

country boy said:
dont get me wrong you need to be decent to be able to have everything you put out liked

EX:Eminem

his first two cds were the ****, eminem show was ok, but the only reason people liked encore:

first, cuz people like anything catchy
second, because he had so much respect

I agree.

A BEAT isn't a song. A VOCAL isn't a song. It's the combination of that piano, that bass, that kick and snare and hat and all the other little elements, with the voice over top that makes a song.

Alot of people make the mistake of thinking their BEATS have to be SUPER hot just by themselves. What you need to do is envision the beats as a canvas. IF the canvas has all kinds of holes in it, you aren't gonna get a very good picture painted on it, but if it's clean and not holey it's perfect for painting your picture on (vocals.)

And yeah I've heard tons of not-so-good beats made better by the interaction with the vocals.

-E.T.

A song can compliment vocals and vice versa.
If some producers put out poor "beats" and someone skilled puts their lyrics on it and it's dope, then the producer is lucky.
If it's a producer with a famous name, he'll get away with shabby beats just because he is THE ONE! LOL

I am probably part of the minority on this, but I think a hard hitting, "grab ya boy and punch 'em in the mouth"-type beat is not alway warranted. What I mean is the overall feel is more important. It is quite possible for a Rap cat to come into your studio and hear a beat that is mainly a good drum loop and a few other samples. That alone may spark a furious delivery with an impeccable rhyme scheme. That same verse might get lost in a better, more polished beat...So it just depends...the song dictates the music, which dictates the lyrics, which dictates the music...

Last edited:
E.T. Science said:
A BEAT isn't a song. A VOCAL isn't a song. It's the combination of that piano, that bass, that kick and snare and hat and all the other little elements, with the voice over top that makes a song.

Alot of people make the mistake of thinking their BEATS have to be SUPER hot just by themselves. What you need to do is envision the beats as a canvas. IF the canvas has all kinds of holes in it, you aren't gonna get a very good picture painted on it, but if it's clean and not holey it's perfect for painting your picture on (vocals.)

And yeah I've heard tons of not-so-good beats made better by the interaction with the vocals.

-E.T.

^thats a great metaphor, im actually using the painting idea in this song im doin

I AGREE...

ONCE YOU PUT THE VOX ON, THE DEAL IS SEALED...

That's why I don't even trip...

People hear my beats and be like, "oh, that ain't too bad", or "yeah, that one's alright"...but I know for a fact, once the VOX GET RECORDED, THE SHEEIT'z GONNA HIT THE FAN MAN...

THE NAME OF THE GAME IS FINDING THE RIGHT RAPPER'z 2 compliment yo style...and if you can't find one, U GOTTA LACE DA TRAX YO'SELF...

let the gamez begin...

I think it's safe to say in music that Hardwork,Consistency,Quality, & Value makes hits towards the greater terms of success. I mean we could easily take it off of beats & say look at slim jesus... He was a one hit wonder only because he came out with a different persona unlike anyone else in hiphop history. He's already going to be forgotten in 2016 because his character doesn't hold weight to the image of a good rapper. Basically in a nut shell, If you're an artist.. You're going to have to invest in marketing & branding yourself period.

Back