wats the key...?

T

thadon41

all yall songwriters out there . .. . . .!!!!!

wats the key to writing a good chorus .. . i can write some cool verses ..but when it comes to the chorus i aint got no chance . lol .. .i can write 'em but they aint n e good . . ...

how do yall come up wit good choruses ..?

pos up in here .. !

Usually the chorus of a song that tells a story makes the story come full circle. It should be easily repeated. It takes practice. Tell something about your life, or a friends or whatever.

Above all, its better to rhyme. Don't let anyone tell you different. :cool:

Don`t force the issue....

A wack chorus usually comes from trying too hard to compose one.Maybe you should scratch some vocal samples in your songs ala Primo.There really is no set pattern to choruses.You even can use what you feel was the strongest bar of your rhyme to compose the chorus around.The one line repetition is kinda dated in today`s music.My 2cents.one:)

Re: Don`t force the issue....

science of self said:
A wack chorus usually comes from trying too hard to compose one.Maybe you should scratch some vocal samples in your songs ala Primo.There really is no set pattern to choruses.You even can use what you feel was the strongest bar of your rhyme to compose the chorus around.The one line repetition is kinda dated in today`s music.My 2cents.one:)

When I said easily repeated, I meant that it doesn't get tiresome to repeat the entire chorus of a song. It also depends on wheather you are writing for Rap or Rock, because it does make a difference.

Re: True

science of self said:
You are indeed correct.Pardon me if I offended you.I was thinking from a rap standpoint.Later:)

It's cool. It really depends on the mood of the song. "Bodies" by Drowning Pool repeats "Let the bodies hit the floor" 4 times, there's an instant chorus.
Songs by Barenaked Ladies are usually more complex and somewhat difficult to follow, as they do more spoken-word rhyming in Outkast speed. :cheers:

Back