Verses and lyrics being redundant

KingMIG

Most songs have a certain topic that it's addressing. My question is how can you write 2 verses without being redundant if theres only one topic?
Am not talking about metaphorical rap, i'm talking about raps that have to do more with life and how you feel.
One bar i might say something and in another bar i'll word it differently, but it still means the same thing. Is that wrong and redundant or is it normal to kinda overlap when talking about one topic?

almost all lyric writing for songs is based on the three part story-telling format

verse 1 describe the situation and the actors/characters
verse 2 describe the conflict/problem/dilemma facing the characters
verse 3 provide a resolution or an escalation of the issues

choruses usually provide a structural linkage with a narration about the problem itself

bridges are usually centred around providing an alternative viewpoint to the main protagonist

almost all lyric writing for songs is based on the three part story-telling format

verse 1 describe the situation and the actors/characters
verse 2 describe the conflict/problem/dilemma facing the characters
verse 3 provide a resolution or an escalation of the issues

choruses usually provide a structural linkage with a narration about the problem itself

bridges are usually centred around providing an alternative viewpoint to the main protagonist

Isn't describing the situation the same as describing the problem? Unless the situation is the environment the character is in?

And by alternative view point do you mean 1st person and 3rd person views or providing another opinion on the main protagonists character?

The Sesame Street version - beginning - middle - end (aka who - what - how (it was fixed))
English Teachers Version - Situation - Conflict - Resolution/Escalation or Setup - Problem - Wrapup

so possibly environment, the normal every day scene for the situation
what changes to create the problem/conflict/dilemma
steps taken to achieve resolution or escalation

alternative viewpoint means swap to a narrator or other objective external observer

Oh I get what you're saying. I'll try to incorporate that into my writing now. Thanks again for the help.

Back