Thread: Produce while drunk, high or better off sober

Thanks

Produce while drunk, high or better off sober

Sign in to disable this ad
    Anyone feel more creative after smoking some herb or having a few drinks? I think sobriety will ultimately win in the long run but I know a lot of musicians who party a lot. What's your take on it?

Thanks
    both are fine. the under the influence music sounds under the influence while the sober music sounds sober lol

Two different styles, but both are fine. I've been fairly sober since my last dui so there's that but I've also made a lot more music while sober lmao productivity really goes up when you have hours of new free time that you used to spend partying.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 07-08-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
    Sober.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OGBama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It comes down to what you know while your sober. You can spend hours making trash while your high but make something great in a few minutes while sober IF you know music. Those inventors in Silicon Valley use LSD to create new designs/ phones etc. but they are already great people while sober that is why they can work better while high.

Thanks
    Ya, they can like work and be productive while high/drunk? When I'm working, I'm working like sober. but when I want to drink, I just get drunk and focus all attention on partying, ...and try to not drive my car into a pool.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 07-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    I never drink or smoke. Never tried and I won't probably but it's a fact that some "things" can help you to get a lot more creative. As long as it doesnt directly hurt the user or someone near him/her, I don't mind.

Thanks
    breaking the rules is an important part of innovation though and pushing boundaries. Ya, some careers require strict adherence to rules, while others have to be loose and free.

I don't know one really really successful artist that doesn't drink or do drugs, even dating back to old old old times. Artists/musicians are supposed to be entertainers. It's our job to entertain people, and to show them how to have a good time. If we're boring, our crowds and fans will be bored and leave us.

Of course ya when were working on a album in the studio it's better to be sober. We have to focus on and practice the album.
    But if we're throwing a party and have a large crowd, we have to be fun and crack open a bottle with them. Note: you should only drink a little bit if you're still performing or about to perform, (you need to be awake enough to perform, and people pay good money to see you!) ...after your show you can go to town with them at the after party.
    If you're touring, ya gotta kinda chill out on the after party drinking tho. Night after night after night of heavy drinking will wear you down too much to make it to the next show on tour. ...but yes, drinking/drugs are ...a bigger than usual part of the rockstar/rapper/dj career, but you just gotta keep your work ahead of ya always.

There's a balance.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:01 AM.

Thanks
    I personally would prefer to take a couple puffs and get to work like that. I find it helpful as it gets me in the zone and I can really pick up on the feeling that a beat is giving me.

Thanks
    Im useless if not sober...Listen to your finished product with a few drinks in ya...thats works.

Thanks
    Produced a few tracks after almost a dozen alcoholic drinks, but I usually produce sober.

Thread Information