Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Produce while drunk, high or better off sober

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Being intoxicated in any form can always inspire a different wave of the thought but sobriety is better for the final thought in my opinion

Thanks
    idk, sometimes i write better while being tipsy. i think it depends on the mood, not only your condition

Thanks
    I've always found a few drinks not to hurt. Sometimes it loosens me up a bit. I think it depends on the vibe of the song though. And it's a fine line for productivity you walk. You could be feeling loose and creative on a few, but then the more you go the less you get done. There's a quote for writers that says, "Write drunk, edit sober," but I don't think whoever said it was being very literal. I think it means pour all your ideas out loosely and polish them up later. Interpret it how you like.

Thanks

Thanks
    Myself it depends on what stage of producing I am in. If I am trying to write some lyrics I like to have a drink or 2. I especially like to have a drink when I have to record self vocals. When it comes to Making the base tracks I prefer sobriety to help focus while keeping creativity. My doctor prescribes me adderall and I find that helps in almost all stages of creation, ESPECIALLY MASTERING O.O, though it also tends to make me feel a bit less creative and more methodical. So it really depends on my hourly/daily goals.
    Last edited by Professoar; 1 Week Ago at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information