a probably stupid question

S

Soul Diggah

the otha day i was thinkin' bout
how rappers like twista.or the bone thugz n armony,
how they get that flow,i mean they're going so ****ing fast in a slow beat

and i was thinkin' if they got another beat in their had like for example the beat is goin' like this:

Kick..... Hat...... Snare..... Hat .....Kick ......Hat ...... Snare

and they're going follow this rhythm in a beat like:

Kick Hat Hat Hat Snare Hat Hat Hat Kick Hat Hat Hat Snare

understand?
my point is

if you rap in a beat that the hi hat are going fast,almost every rapper go fast rite? then u record the song and then the producer take off the fast hi hats in he/she just left tha slow ones,do u think is gonna sound like twista or some like him?

damn is kind of be a stupid question jajajaja

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a stupid question. But regardless of how fast or slow the track sounds, the rapper is still rapping at one speed, regardless of wether the vibe is upbeat or mellow.

Your thought has merit, in that within even a slower beat, you can still rap double time to it and it will sound good. Within each beat is four beats, so as long as you follow some semblance of the rhythm, it will still sound alright.

However you have to conceptualize it to attain the flow that you're after, just make sure it sounds good. Do what you must to get where you want with your delivery.

-E.

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.. The beat does have a lot to do with fast rapping and at the same time it doesn't in a lot of ways. It's really based on how the artist came up flowing to a beat. 10 yrs from now artist will be rapping in ways that you can't imagine so.. Just keep practicing and adding ideas to the concept.

Back