Omg Mods Peep This

• Thread starter Benjamin The Surgeon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin The Surgeon

Rite.. i cant believe the **** that most of you lot on here come out with . The majority of you have no idea what a battle should consist of.. Its bull****.. I beg that mods peeps this thread and fix up the forum .. because tbh as it is it is completely whack.. There are a handful of talented emcees .. and i mean a small handfull.. and half of the guys that ''think '' they are sick really dont have a clue.. Its pathetic.. I mean.. how can so many people be so blind when it comes to a decent verse.. Unlless there is a lot of arse sucking then most of you guys are mentally derranged.!

Yes sometimes they're people who are over-confident and think they're the sh!t. But how can a mod "fix that"? There will always be people who are insulting racist bastards, moderators can delete posts or ban for those things. What are you asking exactly for the moderators to when people post bad verses?

im asking for them to look over votes etc.. Because it seems u can say ... '' Yea he won because i love his arse '' and it counts.. There should be some sort of battle mods in place.. and i know there would be willing volunteers (including myself and bud bunner ) .. the forum needs a bit of authority because its a like a f*ck*ng playground.

Indeed, there is no point in having a section if its in the state this one is in.

This is easily the worst lyric section of any forum ive ever been on. Its a shame though because certain people have potential and want to learn to improve but without good quality battles and votes/feedback, thread ideas, cyphers etc...etc the progress will be slower than a snail vs tortoise race

At the moment this section is embarressing the rest of the site

There is just one problem, there was never any official "Text battle section" so that's why mods never really oversee text battle situations, I do agree that it'd be kinda of cool that you could get rid of stupid /premature votes. But unless they make a section just for that I don't see heavy moderation of battle threads happening.

How could someone moderate somthin that shouldnt be based on administrative opinions. The current system should stay in place, where the people vote. You bloaks jus want forum power. Future Producers, anyway half of the people up here try to rap intellectually (and it jus turns out soundin stupid). Sometimes i read those b/s text battles and im like wtf are u thinkin, i wonder why its even here. If u cant rap or producer ur S.O.L. A more proficient thing to do would be donate to the forum, ask mano to open up a passworded teamspeak server get a cheap mic and hold real cyphers on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what your assumption was but I was talking about moderators getting rid of things like votes that are casted before both verses are even up. I don't still don't quite understand what Benjamin is exactly after.

TEAMSPEAK SERVER!!! Do it all u need is a cheap 10 dollar mic u get on set up ur battle on the forum, then when ur battle date happens people go in and listen, sombody records it (for the people who want to vote and couldnt make it.) then post it on soundclick or somthin.

This is the only forum that has text battles (songwriting section) etc going on that doesnt have active moderation in that section.

Votes should be overlooked. People hate voting, people voting when they have little knowledge. Most sites use a template.

Personals:
Punches:
Wordplay:
Multies:
Flow:
Humor:
Complexity:
Vocab:
Aggression:

Others use a bar by bar breakdown for votes. The point is that votes need to be explained, and its not about opinon unless the battle is close. There is normally a clear winner. The person using the technical aspects of battling to a more advanced level.

The only posts in a battle thread should be votes and verses.

I really dont believe that people on here dont realise this. Check 2sgforum.co.uk and look at hall of fame or do a search for 'slash the butcher' 'bud bunner' 'jim reaper'

Your see the standard of the writing and even more importantly, the votes.

**** forum power, i aint got time for that **** but someone has

i already battle on skype. Thats not the point.

The point is that any section of a forum needs moderating especially one that is used by member that have little understanding of the section they are in.

The standard of the votes are appauling. The knowledge of battling is even worse. The attitude of grown ass haters like gutty is even worse.

If it wasnt for people like bigwon, this section would be dead with no hope of improvement.

There has to be some kinda consistancy to the votes hence why most sites use a set template that you fill in then a paragraph based on the template and both verses to show why you thought what you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think focus should be removed from some of the b/s text battles up here and moved over to the music...Future....PRODUCERS.

Its obviously not the focus but its here and its going on

No wonder the sites not called futurerappers.

I just cant get my head round the fact that people drop battle verses full of random bars with no technical content at all. WTF is that?

but if you havent got anything constructive to add to the thread, why post? 'i think the focus should be removed from the b/s text battles'

They are only b/s because of the standard this site has to offer.

The focus of this forum is music production, ya know makin beats?

Why don't you just go to one of those sites that does have text pattern moderation? Better yet open your own.

Because some people want to learn. Why have a songwriting section if it isnt actively moderated, and makes the site look like its full of retards.

the focus of the forum is music production but im sure thats not the focus of the songwriting section

Bud Bunner said:
Because some people want to learn. Why have a songwriting section if it isnt actively moderated, and makes the site look like its full of retards.

the focus of the forum is music production but im sure thats not the focus of the songwriting section

Exactly the focus of the songwriting section is umm songwriting, not err text battling. Ya dig?

the whole songwriting section is full of people dropping whack verses, low standard cyphers, bad examples of punchlines, **** votes and inconsistancy

My guide and a few other guides are worthwhile posts. But the songwriting section on a predominantly hiphop forum will consist of rap verses, which it does. Problem is the talent is whack and people dont wanna accept that and start to elevate.

This is the worst standard of writing ive seen on any site that has a writing section. The votes are even worse.

The section shouldnt even be here if it isnt going to be done properly, as it makes the site look retarded. This is coming from nearly 35 potential new members, that checked that section and laughed it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back