New song. critique it please F4F

The vocal needs to blend more with the instrumental, especially the first 35 seconds. Maybe reverb your vocal a little bit, and maybe volume down a bit on the instrumentals from 1 min and out (the voice drowns sometimes). Else just play around with EQ on both instrumental and vocal until it sounds more coherent. Do you work with a DAW, or is the vocal just layered over an already existing audio track?

Well, then you got the freedom at your hands, that's the DAW I'm using as well. Anywayz, sometimes you just need to try and fail with the knobs - eventually things will sound more blended.

The vocal at the beginning of the song needs to be redone. I would try to come up with different lyrics during that section instead of just saying the same thing over and over

Firstly,

Kudos to you for putting yourself out there and looking for feedback on your work. I think the instrumental is well arranged and production wise it sounds really good.

My criticism to you on this track simply comes down to your vocals. In the introduction, I can hear the vision that I think you have in mind when you were recording your vocals but when you match your vocals to the instrumental, it's slightly off. I'd strongly recommend re-recording your vocal and adjusting the performance of the lyrics to match the tones of the keys being played. Maybe switch up the way that you perform "let the people know" so that it creates more interest towards the build of the track.

You could also explore using a plugin like 'Melodyne' to create harmonies in your vocals. This technique is used all the time in professional production and you'd be surprised what you can come up with when you start playing around with it.

Hit me up when you're done with the final version of the track as I'd love to hear your edits. Props man!

focus on what makes you sound different, then switch and focus on what makes you sound similar. Repeat until it sounds like it has intent (your own formula) and direction (already established theory) - Raij

Last edited:
I enjoyed it, like it's already been said I feel the vocals are mixed poorly but other then that I like the vibe and concept good voice enjoy the lyrics it's good

the only thing i would pick at, is your singing and technique. you seemed to sound off key at the beginning, your breath control on the "about her" parts could be better and your vibrato or tremolo (whichever you were going for) needs just a bit of work.

other than that, it's a nice song.

I wish I knew how to sing but my voice is very low so those parts when i want to get into and sensual my voice doesn't want to comprehend with me

I wish I knew how to sing but my voice is very low so those parts when i want to get into and sensual my voice doesn't want to comprehend with me

oh, i gotcha. i'll try and find some resources that can help with that!

gues you're going for a weeknd sound?? haha. It actually sounds pretty decent mixed to me. The hat was a little low, and the intro doesn't really grab you, but I think maybe needs another instrument

Back