The N-word in lyrics?

Not debating or targeting anyone in particular, just observing.

I hate how threads like this always bring out generalizations. "White folk do this"...."black folk don't know blah blah because".

These are the mentalities that even create the need for a thread like this. In all fairness of it, I'm just as guilty as everyone else, but when you take the time to look in retrospect...WTF? All this over a skin color. Nothing else seperates us as humans beyond what we have formed in our heards about one another due to skin color. Pretty ridiculous.:cheers:

Not debating or targeting anyone in particular, just observing.

I hate how threads like this always bring out generalizations. "White folk do this"...."black folk don't know blah blah because".

These are the mentalities that even create the need for a thread like this. In all fairness of it, I'm just as guilty as everyone else, but when you take the time to look in retrospect...WTF? All this over a skin color. Nothing else seperates us as humans beyond what we have formed in our heards about one another due to skin color. Pretty ridiculous.:cheers:

Exactly, I especially like the fact that here in the south, I know people who claim to be Christians, and then talk about how dirty black people are.

In my views, God said we came from Adam and Eve...therefore I am all races...I am white, black, mexican, indian, asian, etc. I am the same as anyone else, I sin, you sin, therefore I cannot judge you.

Honestly, im white too...

this is my stand point...i chill with black friends an say things like
"yo cmon nigga damn"
or" Niggggggaaaaaaa" when my friend did something dumb lol...but when im writing tho, i do not use the word nigga mainly because any person listenin to a rap an heres the n word used in any sort of manner...automatically assume that person is a wigga...or think they are above the word or something like that so i dont like to do ohnestly.

If a white person says it, IT IS BAD.

If a black person says it, IT IS WORSE.

It's hard to learn control when freestylin lyrically but you have to think about how you want to be remembered. If you're known as the white guy who says nigger its not good. Still I think the word is stupid.

adding whatever i can to this debate, i'm a brown kid from a city in east africa where as you can probably guess, people arent well off at all. and at least with the crew that i run with, 'nigga' is synonymous with 'man' - i.e. a generic word for guy.

ofc, that's africa. and there arent any white guys in the crew. im not sure what im trying to say here actually lol

Johncyz: when you finish the song, could you PM it to me? the lyrics sound interesting and i'd like to hear it

dont say it if you cant say it comfortably...for anyone that doesnt get that...obviously isnt comfortable sayin it...plus its a quik spark for racials issues nomatter what envirement your in...everybody obviously everybody feeels diffeerent about the word..."ni66ER" wit the ER is such a cut throat word i think...kinda like sayin a girl is a ( ****) its so sharp an iinamusing..if thats a word lol

Honestly, I'm white too.................

Sike!!! just playing......I'm a jerk chicken eating, basketball playing, big butt women loving, black man!!! Lmao!

I know it sounds dumb for everybody to be like "you can't say that "or "you shouldn't use that word" but honestly man....It's a dumb word, it really doesn't mean anything, it's a derivative or more like bastardization of the word "negro" which basically describes someone of color...a non-white. Everybody knows Ray Charles was not white. You don't have to use slang terminology to depict the socioeconomic struggles he was challenged with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell you how to write your lyrics, I'm just in agreement with a lot of other folks on here that the use of the word is unnecessary.:cheers:

The N word is one of, if not the most common used word in hiphop & history... As far as what i've read #1 its unnecessary to say it to prove a point even if you're white or black, because it holds a stigma in our reality. #2 Backlash will end in a lose-win situation. 3# It doesn't make you cool, especially with the terminology of how it was being said & interpreted.

Back