The movement website

BigBlazed904

Ok I'm building a website for the movement. By building I mean managing. I'm a professional poker player and I coach. I'm currently building a web page for that. I have a huge hosting plan so I could easily just add this site on there and we'll have unlimited bandwidth. That means we can upload all our music and stream it or let it be downloaded or even if you guys wanted to sell it I'm sure theres a way to set that up. Eventually I'll set up advertisement for my site. This get's expensive however I'll put banners to this site on mine to help increase traffic as it's set up.

I have a web designer who works for me. He's not full time but I give him free coaching and he manages my site. The problem is he isn't the fastest in the world. He works and then plays poker as a side job. So I'm not sure how quick he'd be. So basically I'm going to need some help.

I have some ideas to what kind of site would benefit our goal. So I want opinions based on members of the movement. I was thinking setting up a "Datpiff" for The Movement members. Basically when you drop a mixtape/single etc... we'd have it on the page. The artist would have say so if he wants to make it public download if he wants it to be stream only etc... However I want to discuss what all you guys think will be best. Want to make sure this is "Themovements" site. The website will be ran by the members.

So I know Lion has been doing the images. Hopefully he's down to do it for the website also. Anyone who knows anything about making websites or programming I need your help. I'm looking for a few members who have a little extra time who could be part of the "Website crew". I'll give these guys access to the website so they can work on different things we want done. So if you're interested in being on the website crew post in here or email me bignate904@gmail.com

At first all I can come up with is adding a subdomain themovement.bignate904.com. themovement.com/net all of them are taken. I guess because there is so many of these? I don't know. So we need to get creative with a domain name. IDEAS? I'm going to set up the home page there and put a forum up for now. Nothing is up yet but hopefully within the next week it will be there.

If I missed anything that needs to be addressed let me know. So we can get this going. I think having this page will help us out a lot with getting recognized. Also having a forum dedicated only to this is beneficial. Having no rules having a place you can upload files 2 you could even have your own personal page eventually. Again I know it's possible to make these idea's work. I have no idea how to make em do it. So this is phase 1 to the website.

www.themovement.bignate904.com is up. As you can see that page isn't very good :P. I just wanted to put something up. Hopefully can have something better up within a few weeks. I'll be busy this week but I'll do what I can. Also that is a free template.

Last edited:
Maybe have a web vid section, to promote the artists (i've mentioned this idea on the facebook page) what happens is we get a good amount of questions (i suppose standardized..that a word??lol) to interview members of the movement with, and with this people who traffic the site get a visual representation of the movement with its members.

i figured youtube would make the best hoster (just embed the vids onto the website, or however)

just throwing an idea in, im interested in this.

Maybe have a web vid section, to promote the artists (i've mentioned this idea on the facebook page) what happens is we get a good amount of questions (i suppose standardized..that a word??lol) to interview members of the movement with, and with this people who traffic the site get a visual representation of the movement with its members.

i figured youtube would make the best hoster (just embed the vids onto the website, or however)

just throwing an idea in, im interested in this.

Yes I like those idea's. We need "Article Writers" Any Idea you guys can think of really. The problem comes in is we need volunteer's with web skills to help out. We have a big package we can work with so any thing you guys can think of. That will help us blow up.

Yes his graphics are nice. Hope he knows website stuff!!!. Need a programmer also so we can make all this stuff work. I know some HTML and will be able to do some of this site by myself. We actually have the forums up and ready but will have to re-do it once we change the domain. Still need some ideas. TheMovemunati?

we should have monthly mixtapes and send them around the big name internet blog sites, like mixture of mutiple artist and producers, call it like the movement ____ (i.e. lounge for the calmer music, streets for the ruffer stuff)

If you lack web design skills, I strongly suggest throwing Wordpress on the site. There are plenty of free themes that you can customize with your own header etc...

My website is a Wordpress. It's really simple to update and easy to set up.

www.freelancelyrics.com

Good luck,

-E.

Sounds good. I'll look into the word press thing. I can edit HTML or just google what I don't know. I just need a volunteer to want to be the manager/co manager.

Monthly mixtape sounds great. That idea would take you guys putting out music at a consistent rate. which is what we want. Also after this gets going I have an advertisement credit so I can put it on google once we're ready to help with traffic/new members.

I also will be creating a soundclick. I need someone who can make it look professional to get at me.

i wonder if lion would be willing to help us with this

I JUST seen this. Gotta email me or message me. I dont always check all the forum sections. lol

Anyway, I may be able to do something later on once I get some other stuff out the way, then I may be able to squeeze in the midst of writing since most of my beats are done.

As far as webhosting and domain hosting goes tho. I use 110mb (free and upgradable with one time fee for I think 40USD last I checked) and namecheap (10USD a year). So hosting should be rather cheap, even if we all just put in like a dollar each in a paypal or something (of course a donate button never hurts either)

I can see about doing maybe a mockup but I surely can't quote a timeframe ATM. and IF I do the site, it'll be in flash; I code in AS3. I know html and SOME CSS, but I really like AS3 (even tho it can be a pain, like all code. especially C based code). If someone else wants to code the layout and everything, thats fine too.

Last edited:
Back