Make the Perfect Song

Ace is ill

Make the Perfect Song
5 elements
By:Ace
Beat: It’s important to get a hot beat. FYI, no one spends their hard earned money on a CD with a’capellas. Pick a beat that depicts what you are rapping or singing about. Don’t be stupid! Don’t go pick a somber love song when you’re going to rap about killing, stealing, and drug dealing.

Lyrics: Most songs on Billboard 100 charts aren’t instrumentals. They usually have words. It’s important to have lyrical material that makes sense. Try to rap about one topic and stick to it. It’s like writing an essay for your 10th grade writing test; you think of a topic and then you drift off. And remember; add at least three punch lines to each verse.

Flow: A lot of people do not get signed; not because of their lyricism, but for their flow. All artists have fire lyrics. But their flow is so plain, it sounds like they are talking. Everyone has a flow, but one thing is to never sound like another. Labels aren’t looking for the same sound. And NEVER, EVER, EVER let anyone compare you to another rapper. Just be yourself.

Precision: Ok, you got your beat, lyrics, and flow. What you need now is precision. If you don’t know what precision is; it is the matching of your words with the beat. It’s all about timing and what you think sounds good. Sometimes your computer may move your vocals back a little. Don’t worry, you can move them back and re-record.

Production: You may not be a composer. But for a small, minor production, it’s pretty easy. When I say production I just don’t mean recording and finish. I mean this is where your creativity comes out. For example (Dr. Dre doubles the vocals on the part he want to emphasize. In most Birdman and Lil Wayne songs they will use an echo effect). Try something out that you will like.

The "perfect" song can't be instrumental? Be glad Beethoven isn't alive to read this. And I suppose Lady Gaga's songs are close to perfection because they chart high? I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. I hope this isn't the general mindset of this forum.

Perfect industry song. Good advice to be taken generally, as a basic foundation.

As they say in fighting style training: First technique, then speed. Then learn to break out of the technique. Something that would help some, maybe, is to look into Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do and apply this to music, it's real talk.

Back