To the Lyricists - Please Write Up On Poetry..

Simpliciti

Back when I was just starting out on writing lyrics and raps around a year ago, I was just writing raps for the sake of it. I didn't really grow too much between then and around February or March of this year. I was at a low point of my life around, things just weren't working out for me. I was also in the middle of a poetry unit in my language arts class. I was exposed to things I had never knew, like Tupac wrote poetry and the different kinds and the history and it was just so fascinating. So I decided to give it a shot and write some. I showed it to a few of my peers and they and even I thought it was good. (I have insanely high standards for myself and I really hate most of whatever I do) Even if you don't start off good like I somehow managed to, you will pick up on a lot of new things and learn stuff you can use in raps. I have been able to come up with so much wordplay by using more elements of imagery and alliteration and all that. Rap is a form of poetry! Learn about it, the parent topic, and I guarantee your rhymes will benefit from it, give it a good few months or half a year.

Back