Looking for Quality Songwriters...Flip Notez

Tekk

Tekk Beatz
Hey all, wassap. My name is Tekk, im a producer in a production group called Flip Notez. We are looking for talented songwriters to possibly do some good music to some tracks. We plan on doing some major things in this industry very soon and would love to bring people up with us...We only ask a few things before considering...

1.Make sure you are able to record on the spot....well ok maybe not on the spot, but if we have a track to pass around, we would like not to be waiting longer than a week to have something written and recorded...preferabally within 2 days, but hey...who'se counting??

2.Make sure you are able to take criticism...cant stress it enough. You dont get better without it. If we arent feeling a certain track, we will be sure to let you know, maybe throw some ideas your way, but people who tend to be arrogant about their music dont get far in this business...

3.You must be able to be contactable if not on a daily basis, then at least once every other day. It shouldnt be hard considering being contactable includes aim, text messaging, phone conversations and email. As long as we can reach you, we should be cool.

This is an invitation im extending to all the singers/songwriters out there. If you have the skill, we will put you to the test and see what comes of it. We plan on putting songwriters on salary if possible when things begin to pick up, which they slowly are now. Jump on now if you can(nohomo) and see if you have what it takes to be apart of Flip Notez

Here's our contact info...
Aim:Liltekan
Email:tekk@tmail.com or theflipnotez@gmail.com
myspace:www.myspace.com/flipnotez
Phone:443-538-2142

Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Tekk
Flip Notez

Tekk, i checked your myspace site and found out that your "Add to Friends" and "Send Message" Buttons don't work.

Nice music BTW.

we fixed the myspace problem...sorry for that little mix up. Thanks for letting me know tho.. Appreciate it! Now u can join all you want!! lol
Holla
Tekk

How is anyone supposed to know if you're legit? And songwriters on salary? Do u want writers for other artists?

no offense.

Last edited:
Introducing Chi

hi

my name is Chi, I'm a singer-songer and I'm organised and focussed when it comes to the business. I've just joined FP and haven't had a chance to write up my info will do that later in the week...

If you like what I do, I would need to discuss more about the legalities of any collaboration e.g performer/writer royalties which nowadays is standard music business practice.

Is it Ok for me to send you a more detailed email telling you what I've been up to recently.....

regards

Chi

ShayneBishop said:
How is anyone supposed to know if you're legit? And songwriters on salary? Do u want writers for other artists?

no offense.

None taken. But im kinda confused as to what you mean. We are a production team looking for good songwriters, we arent huge yet, but plan to be. There's a specific style we are looking for in songwriters and i thought it would be beneficial to give other people a chance to mold that style into something that is appealing to the general public.

The whole songwriters on salary thing is something i would definitely want to make happen, but its not happening right now. Not until we have alot more business going on, which is definitely something we want to get done soon. Its not a scam, its an opportunity for songwriters who are looking to break into something that could potentially be huge but you have to judge for yourself...our music is at www.myspace.com/flipnotez. If you like what you hear and u think ur good, then hit us up...if not...then dont.

Also, we are looking for a bit of both, songwriters for different artists as well as artists. I hope that answers your question.
Tekk
Flip Notez

Last edited:
hi Thanks 4 speedy response

Hi

thanks for the last message. My query wasn't referring to the "getting paid" issue rather the copyright arrangements and agreement for collaborations.

I'm not based in the US but I do alot quite a bit of music work in the region. I belong to a number of collection societies - when you create a song you (and collaboration thrid party persons) register the work with their particular organisation/society. So I was indirectly inquiring about those type of arrangments - US collection societies include BMI, SESAC, ASCAP and various others. Maybe you belong to one of them?

Yes like the tracks, so would be good to hear from you on how to move forward on things... could you send a private message or email address so I can send you some backgound info? thanks

Chi

Back