I just tried recording my first ever verse feedback appreciated

gas man

ive just started trying to record a verse ive been writing for a while. I wrote my own verse on eminems way i am just so i could get used to learning a flow. i know ive got lots to learn but some feedback would be much appreciated. i record using audacity is that good to use also im trying to spit all the bars at once because it sounds gapped when i have to cut and paste and run out of breath any tips on that cheers guys link to song is below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EqYmzj1Vks

Last edited:
You're definitely on the right track... you're studying a flow, study it until you get it down pat then make it your own, add YOUR style to it and keep building. Its good practice to rap the whole thing non stop, once you have lining in your pocket to spend in a recording studio you wont waste money and time starting and stopping. Audacity is a great start, keep learning it then I suggest moving to something like Reaper or audition. Most programs are pretty much the same thing but its best to become the master of what you own right now. Good start!

Thanks man much appreciated ill keep practising every day and keep improving cheers for the feedback bro!

Just practice you'll get it down. Practice makes perfect. And it's funny cause it seems like everyone starts off with Audacity. Keep working hard.

Back