How many of you write/record/play when they "smoke"?

ShayneBishop

I cant do any of that when I do. I stopped many moons ago but I look back and think how I'm totally useless but I do come up with some good concepts and one liners but thats about it. Anyone use it to help them create? I know Snoop does (who doesnt know?) and i'm sure most other rappers do but I just cant see how they do it. Or do u use other methods? :bat:

i can write in any circumstance but it seems when i smoke i write better, easier.

I heard some people do it and it helps them be more creative. But I usually ended up eating alot of food and watching a movie instead of being creative. I haven't smoked in about 4 1/2 years and I write way more music now than I ever did back then. Now I perform live, finish projects, etc. I guess it affects people differently depending. I might write a verse or two in a day back then, and freestyle alot, but nothing was really happening. Just my experience

Last edited:
I could, but I don't, simply because I'd rather keep my studio smoke
free. And I wouldn't do it if it meant stepping out each time to take
a puff. That's with making my music.

Writing though, is something I occasionally do when blazed. But still
it's not my first choice in terms of how I approach my work.

I have yet to do this.... The last time I tried I was so High that I couldn't connect my equipment for 4 hours (I went out of town and took my equipment with me).... LOL...
Peace
S II

i dont like recording when im too stoned though because i sound to mellow

i like 2 write stoned...but not record...lol...but i can do without...

I smoke only when i lay down vocals, it helps my creative juices flow, but not when i compose a song too many things are going on when i make a track. I SPIT HOT FIRE!

Nah, recording when your stoned can make you sound to mellow even if the beat is hyped and aggressive.

I smoke and write all the time though but that doesnt mean i have to be smoking to be able to write

I agree I think writing is great and doing some scratch tracks maybe but then once the ideas down you gotta be sober to track.

LOL the cyper police are cracking down on the weed smoking artists

watch your back

*sneaks out of the thread*

Last edited by a moderator:
couple of lines of coke before writing works wonders for me!

i can when im drunk and high. this goes the same for makin beats recording and mixing. but if i have to spit fast i need to slow down. to come back to a verse the next day and re learn it when its that fast is annoying.

Back