How Do You Lot Get Inspiration For Your Topics

Phobia Music

I just wanna know how all you lot, get inspiration for topics on tunes your going to write...

Its basically an open discussion

life experiences...I usually come up with a theme based off a life experience

for an example...Friday's at high school
<talking to girls
<hanging out with the boys
<spending your part-time job money for a football game ticket
etc....then use something out of that

Hmm...So say when your writing a 3 x 16 bar versed tune with a hook ain't that sort of long

How long would it take some of you guys to finish a full tune?

Me...it can take up to about 1 - 2 weeks, sometimes a couple of days. But most people I know say they can right tunes in 30 mins :S. I'm thinking, how is the tune mean't to be deep/entertaining and keep the listener engaged if you rushed through it.

Topics though I do fine can become repetitive...

Whats you lots view on things?

Sometimes i can get inspired by words alone.... other times i can get inspired by a movie i saw, or a life experience, or even a painting or something like that

bed, bath, bus

i make the best rhymes at those places..............deep lyrical sh**

Im working on beats first then lyrics.

lol i be thinking of some **** in the shower, and in public places....

that **** sucks too cuz it's hard to write down the idea there, and if i don't write it down within like 15 mins or so, i'll probably forget it

Morph Roberts grasps his inspiration from everywhere. I get a innovative burst off of current events (political mostly), novels, comics, street DVDs, and even aspiring MCs. I'll play Capital Punishment for an hour just to scrutinize Pun's style and ****. I developed my persona based off of a degree of bitten styles. But listening to Grand Puba, Rakim, Nas, Wu Tang and all the rest of the 5% Gods whose styles thrive on Mathematics helps me to build strategically.
Read the Wu Tang Manual.

MorphineRoberts...when you say those rap veterans styles thrive on mathematics, what do you mean exactly. Are you saying the flow is calculated, so it fits perfectly in time with a beat or that it is free flowed?

Explain...cos I think I'm wrong lol

And where can I get the Wu Tang Manual, I wouldn't mind readin that

Last edited:
topic inspiration

Phobia Music said:
I just wanna know how all you lot, get inspiration for topics on tunes your going to write...

Its basically an open discussion
hell , with me its like i pick some if not one thing that iz often on my mind, and it makes it that much better to rap it, cuz u can tell that i really feel what im speakin,,but it feel so dam good in the first place to write it down ~Child~

i open myself to anything (life experiences, girls, other music, etc.) while digging deep into my imagination at times....i used to get mad creative at my songs but it feels like i switched to spittin that mood music lol...maybe its a phase, meh...i love hip hop

i just get inspiration from sinking in to some inspiration from long ass essays on conspiracy theorys, to samurai movies....i think open with ideas i might use no matter how crazy they just might seem...

Last edited:
Phobia Music said:
I guess depression can also be a stimulus for good lyrics as well you know...lol try it

Oh yea, for sure! I just cant get the motivation to write when I am depressed though. lol

Back