Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do I write a hit song?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    What makes a song a hit is combination of a marketing and a catchy hook.

Thanks
    a good beat makes a good song! at least now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie View Post
    You don't make a hit song by overthinking to this degree.

If people share a song then it becomes a hit song, it's as simple as that. What follows from that is up to you. You could create a hit song by making a stupid dance everyone follows and does with there friends. You could make an emotionally triggering song that makes people want to share because of the intense experience they had from it. You could make a highly relatable song that people want to share to show people "who they are". You could make a retarded song that makes people want to share to show people how retarded your song is. The world is your oyster my friend.

Hey guys! Just came back with a reply to this thread since I started it last year. I said on this thread that I'd post a song I would make that I felt like could sound like a hit, so I wanted to share it here, what does everyone think about it? I noticed that even though a song is good people still might not share it, how can I get people to share it?

YouTube

Thanks!

Thanks
    Great effort man, I even checked out a few of your other songs, confetti blues was cool. I think you're on the right path and now you just need to keep pushing out new music on a consistent basis. You'll slowly become more polished. Maybe invite some other like-minded artists on some tracks, and begin developing a marketing strategy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDay View Post
    Great effort man, I even checked out a few of your other songs, confetti blues was cool. I think you're on the right path and now you just need to keep pushing out new music on a consistent basis. You'll slowly become more polished. Maybe invite some other like-minded artists on some tracks, and begin developing a marketing strategy.
    Ok I will thanks man! Can you give me an example of a marketing strategy? I'm not sure what a plan could be? Do you have some advice on how I can improve my songs?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Memorability, balance of predictability and surprise, emotion, hummable rhythm.

Thanks
    You could make a gimmick song with an accompanying gimmick video like The Chainsmokers did and then translate that into making successful more serious music. Ultimately you should spend some time remixing popular hits, or examining hit songs in your DAW and then you can see how the melodies, lyrics and instrumental parts synergize to create something lasting and catchy. Learn 10 chord progression of Taylor Swift songs also would be a good start.

Thread Information