how do i write bridges and hooks???

a bridge is usually a progression or degression after the melody.........a hook sounds best when written and sung in a specific meter

i usually come up with the hook first when i am writing a song.

the hook is like your thesis statement. it says the main point that the song is trying to make. and usually the title of the song is in the hook.

The verse explains the hook bit by bit

and the bridge is a climax that goes more into depth about the hook.

EXAMPLE

Hook

i love you baby
i love you baby
ooh ooh ooh i love you baby
i love you

verse 1

it's the way you smile
it's your thugged out style
it's the way you tell me what you mean without sayin a word

it's the way you kiss
you keep me in bliss
i could never have a love that's better than this

bridge

i could search the world over
but you're more rare than a four-leaf clover
so i have to let you know
that you are the truth and i never want you to go

hook + adlibs

The simplest way to do this is to study the songs and song structure from r&b singers you're already familiar with. That way you can look at the song and digest what is being said so that it will give you motivation to keep things in rotation. It's no different with a music producer when he/she's figuring out how to structure a bridge in a song. It's all about transition and knowing the highs and lows within a track.

sing your way into melodies, record yourself doodle singing over a track, get a few melodies you like, don't be afraid of messing up, just keep making random melodies, then write lyrics to your song with a clear concept, don't be afraid to repeat things :D

I don't have any particular way. I just take my guitar and mess around with it and my voice until it sounds nice xd

Mmm....

im a rand b and pop singer how do i wirte a song like how can i start????
I think you should first write and listen or just listen to the melody , fly on it and say the words you want , write it and test it , it must be good with the verses and the chorus. Im not a lyric writer (im songwriter) but if i was gonna write it was my type

There's not just one way to write a song. You should never feel like you have to do one thing first. A bridge may be a small part, in most cases, leading up to the chorus. The Hook is in the chorus in most cases. Look at about 100 lyrics and try to identify if it has a bridge or not. A lot of songs don't have a bridge. Must top songs have a chorus today. Almost all Blues song are void of a chorus, but still have a hook, a great one too.

im no songwriter, but maybe if you tried just listening to an instrumental then just making up stuff until you have something you can build off of may help. Watching my brother write songs a lot, he would do exactly this, and get decent results. He wasnt the best songwriter, but he was pretty good at it. and the hook should summarize what you want to convey in the song. A thesis, as the other person mentioned before.

Back