is it harder to write when. . .

H

havok...

i dunno about everyone else in here, but when i try to writing a slower song about a relationship, the lyrics are never as good as anything else i write. i cant use metaphors or word play as well wen im writing about that kind of thing. is this a problem with anyone else in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey your not the only one man. We're working on a slow jam for our next track. Its a R&B joint and I havent gotten past the 4th bar lol. I just have a hard time writing about relationship. haha. Everytime I write it turns into
a hate type of flow.

It's all about your comfort zone.

Obviously something you're more used to doing is going to come naturally, and something that's foreign to you is going to be more difficult. Another issue is the emotion needed in such lyrics,

Personally, I am in a fantastic relationship, and I can write five songs about love and my girl in a day with no problems whatsoever, if I wanted to. Because that's really how I feel, I'm not having to try to imagine feeling that way and put it into words.

Good luck,

-E.T.

yeah, i think ur right, im kinda confused in that department right now (no, im not gay, jus confused about this one girl). ive been tryin to write about already bein in one, ill switch it up. thanks

emotions are mushy. Mushy is weakness :p naw but seriously, it's difficult to extend out of your comfort zone for real. Takes practice and patience really. Can't force the ladies into the mood, gotta ease into it ;)

I think alot of people have trouble writing above love for 2 reasons. (I did have 3 but I went for a smoke and forgot lol.)

1. You havent really expierienced it.

2. Writing about something like love, in a genre which is overun by black gangster culture is hard because you dont want to look stupid.

how about anyone else? i have more of a problem using multis nd metaphors when it comes to rappin about love. when i do write about it, i turn more into a story teller. i wanna get away from it and expand more, but i think that when you write about it, its better to say things straight up instead of *i love u like a fat kid love cake*. dont get me wrong, that line was hot haha but i wouldnt use it. anyone got any examples of love songs they wrote? if you could post thatd be great, thanks

E.T. Science said:
It's all about your comfort zone.

Obviously something you're more used to doing is going to come naturally, and something that's foreign to you is going to be more difficult. Another issue is the emotion needed in such lyrics,

Personally, I am in a fantastic relationship, and I can write five songs about love and my girl in a day with no problems whatsoever, if I wanted to. Because that's really how I feel, I'm not having to try to imagine feeling that way and put it into words.

Good luck,

-E.T.

^^same...

It should be a growth process for how you engage with it.. It takes time to transition yourself based around different ideas, concepts, topics and experiences. Don't force anything that isn't necessary.

Back