ghaw2007's Lyrics

The Deeper Wound

Verse 1
The truth is buried underneath / You’re stepping on it / So get off and dig it out / You will find what you have been looking for / And when you do, you will appreciate it / It has been with you all this time / There is no denying its existence / You must feel lucky to have it / Does that mean you will embrace it? / I have nothing / I have no one to call my own / I feel jealousy towards you
Verse 2
Sometimes I feel like giving up / But I don’t / Other times I feel like winning / But I won’t / They will tear me down / They will wear me down / I’ll be standing on my own / You have everything / You have someone to call your own / I feel anger towards you
Bridge
Having your heart broken is sad / Being pierced by an object is bad / But realizing that you have nothing is the deeper wound
Chorus
I can see you / You’re everywhere, but where am I? / I have searched but I come empty-handed

Written by B. (Sunday, October 19, 2003) Copyright 2003

Come In And Burn

Verse 1
Come in and burn / Peel every inch of skin off your body / The protection you assumed you had / Is really eating away at you / Right down to your core / Political correctness keeps feeding you poison / You eat more than you can chew / What you read and hear doesn’t have any meaning / But how would you know if it does? / Your mind is quarantined from everything around you / But you fear isolation
Verse 2
The stigma associated with your condition / Causes you to be afraid / You worry about your way of thinking / But you can’t concentrate anymore / Your body is turning itself against you / No doctor is going to help you / The kind of help you need is only ignited by fire / Throw yourself into the flames / Burn anything bad, burn anything sad / Turn it all into ashes
Bridge
If you’re tired of manipulation, interrogation and intimidation / Change the situation by going out of your mind / There’s nothing wrong in doing so
Chorus
Come in and burn / Peel every inch of skin off your body / Rip put your hairs and close your eyes / Unburden yourself of sanity

Written by B. (2002) Copyright 2002

A Way To Move On

Verse 1
You were the person that I felt closest to / I couldn't believe just how much I loved you / It seemed as if I was in a dream / Then reality began to settle in / As I saw you for who you truly were
Verse 2
I tried to change you, but that was difficult / So I accepted you for who you truly were / At times I wished I could go back in time / To the moment where we first fell in love / Everything about it seemed to be perfect
Bridge
You will always be in my heart / No matter where you are / Sometimes it hurts to know that I can't be with you / The choice I made was for the right reason / I have no regrets about it / Now I must find a way to move on
Chorus
Find a way to move on / We are no longer together / It was good while it lasted / I cannot be with you forever / Every good moment is what I will always remember / As well as the way you treated me with love

Written by B. (Saturday, March 27, 2004) Copyright 2004

Lying

Verse 1
I love you, always and forever / With every beat of my heart / There is nothing that can tear us apart / I'll always be there for you / In anything that you go through / Never hesitate to ask me for something
Verse 2
You are my one true love / There is no question about that / With you in my life, I am complete / You belong to me and I belong to you / Every promise I make will be kept
Bridge
You have the warmest touch / You have the most beautiful eyes / You have a caring heart / You have an open mind / You have a gentle voice / You have a great complexion / And I am lucky to have you
Chorus 1
I am lying, I do it every day / It's hard for me to tell the truth / I don't want to hurt your feelings / So I tell you what you want to hear / I am lying
Chorus 2
I am lying, I do it every day / It's hard for me to tell the truth / I don't want to hurt your feelings / So I tell you what you want to hear
Chorus 3
I am lying, I do it every day / It's hard for me to tell the truth / I don't want to hurt your feelings / So I tell you what you want to hear / I am lying / I wish I could go back in time / To start all over again / Telling the truth is what I would do / No matter what the situation was / My conscience would be clearer / And you would know who I really am / Maybe I would be able to fall in love with you

Written By B. (2004) Copyright 2004

Leaving Through The Window

Verse 1
I will have to leave through the window / That is the only way to exit / You built this house intentionally without doors / To keep me locked inside / I should have known who you were before accepting your invitation / Now I am being held against my will
Verse 2
I've worked out a strategy / I know exactly what to do / When the right moment presents itself / I will execute my plan / If I hold back, I will die from your torture / I refuse to suffer under your control / I am leaving through the window
Bridge
I have been saving up my strength / I've never been this determined to succeed / Failure is clearly not an option / Now the time has come for me to be strong / I'm confident that this won't take very long
Chorus
To escape, I cannot run out / I will have to jump out by leaving through the window / Time is ticking away, I have to do this today / I want to be free so I am putting my fears aside / I refuse to suffer under your control / I am leaving through the window

Written by B. (2004) Copyright 2004

Here I Am

Verse 1
I discovered a new creation / By falling away from temptation / I do not pay much attention / To the long awaited separation / I regained my image in my conversation / What really helped me the most was the motivation / I did the math, solved the equation / As a result, my life has less complication / I am able to enjoy this celebration / I could not have done it without my determination
Verse 2
Miscommunication led to a conviction / What I did not like the most was the assumption / That is a thing of the past / Now I have time for preparation / Even though my words aren't as powerful as my action / I successfully completed an education / I could not have done it without my determination
Chorus 1
Here I am, stronger than I have ever been / Here I am, smarter than I have ever been / Here I am, more self-assured than I have ever been
Chorus 2
Here I am, stronger than I have ever been / Here I am, smarter than I have ever been / Here I am, more self-assured than I have ever been / Here I am, feeling better than I have ever been / Go ahead and make a duplication / I promise you it isn't a violation

The Fog of War

Verse 1
Preparations are in order/ The president has declared to send troops overseas / Even though the army is stretched thin / He is confident that the soldiers / Will perform their duties successfully / The protests have already begun
Verse 2
Soldiers are dying every day / There's not enough space for their bodies on the air plane / Citizens want the troops to be pulled out / Their government disagrees / They are told that they must remain to maintain the peace
Bridge
Is there ever a way to ask a man / To be the next one to die? / Is there ever a way to ask a woman / To be the next one to be tortured?
Chorus 1
The fog of war had blurred our vision / Had robbed our common sense / The fog of war interferes with rational thinking / Replaces sound judgement
Chorus 2
The fog of war has blurred our vision / Has robbed our common sense

Say Goodbye

Verse 1
Turn all the lights off / And don’t forget to lock the door / The party has come to an end / I walk on these streets / While the rain starts to fall down / And all of a sudden I hear your voice / That is deep inside my mind / But I think it’s just my imagination
Verse 2
I stand alone / Thinking that you were the person you claimed to be / Now I know I was wrong / If being close to you was a crime / Then I’m guilty / If I had known what would happen / I would have made different choices / I would have chosen a different path
Verse 3
Another day will soon arrive / And I will start over / I’ll begin something new / I’m letting go once and for all / You will not hold me back / Through the morning, through the night / I will no longer live in the past / You’ll be the one left behind
Chorus
I gave you all I had / Whenever we were together / But while I was gone / You took my love for granted / It’s too late to turn back now / This is the moment for us to move on / Say goodbye

Written by B. (2003) Copyright 2003

Let It Be Me

Verse 1
I’ve seen you hurting / Time and time again / I know what you’re going through / You’re wandering alone / Not knowing where to go / But it just doesn’t dawn on you / Your body aches / And your mind is weak / Everything around you looks bleak / Life has been throwing too many punches at you
Verse 2
I know that you are scared / And you have every right to be / That’s the only way to be brave / I’ll give you a helping hand / Whenever you need to get the job done / There is no reason for you to run / Take a look / I’m not a crook / And I’m not the kind of person that rooks / I’ll be the one who you can always depend on
Verse 3
Everything will be different soon / Once you let me in your life / You will have the chance to breathe again / If you’re looking for a good listener / I’m the person you can come and talk to / No problem’s too big to discuss / Start by trusting yourself / Then rely on me / And everything will come naturally / You will no longer be the one left behind
Verse 4
I’ll guide you anyway I can / I’ll come to your aid when you need to stand / So if you need to fall apart / I can mend a broken heart / Soon memories will not be of fear / And your future will be bright and clear / The thought of leaving has never crossed my mind / I will be easy to find
Chorus
Are you looking for a friend? / Someone who cares for you? / Someone who will be by your side? / Someone who will help you grow? / Someone who laughs with you? / Someone who’ll be there through the bad times? / If you are, let it be me

Written by B. (2000) Copyright 2000

They'll Never Know

Verse 1
I am prone to feel the way I do / Part of my life is predetermined / Sometimes I am irrational / I don't have much control over myself
Verse 2
How could they do the things they did? / If they truly loved me, they would have acted differently / Then I wouldn't have ended up the way I am
Bridge
The enduring effects of my childhood / Are what I experience every day / They have manifested themselves in a variety of ways / I feel empty / I'm unsure of my identity / Self-destructive impulses have taken over me
Chorus 1
They'll never know how I feel / I'm too afraid to tell them
Chorus 2
They'll never know how I feel / I'm too ashamed to tell them / They'll never know how I feel / Because my scars will not heal
Chorus 3
They'll never know how I feel / I'm too afraid to tell them / They'll never know how I feel

Thrill

Verse 1
Being next to you is such a thrill / There is no place else I would rather be / You have everything I want / No one comes close to being you / And no one ever will / You have everything I need / My heart tells me that you're the one for me / I certainly agree
Verse 2
Your lips are tender / Each time we kiss I remember / The motions in which our bodies move / My heart tells me that you're the one for me / I certainly agree
Chorus 1
I have soared up to the sky / I don't want to bring myself down / This is what you have done to me / I am feeling a thrill deep within me / This sensation is indescribable
Chorus 2
The look in your eyes is romantically enticing / I will not turn away from you / This is what you have done to me / I am feeling a thrill deep within me / This sensation is indescribable

Written by B. (January 2004) Copyright 2004

Together We're Heavy

Verse 1
The disconnection between you and I / Has lasted for a while now / Sometimes I can't help but sigh / We went from being strangers to developing a friendship / And when we wanted to be more than that / We became lovers / To me, our time together seemed surreal / I couldn't believe what I felt / A genuine feeling of love for you / That I never thought I was capable of having
Verse 2
When we disagree, you yell at me / And I turn away from you / It's just nothing new / Conflict arises out of almost everything you and I do / You're acting like a stranger to me / I don't know who you have become / You think I claim to be perfect / Each time I point out your mistakes / I have never said that I'm better than you / If that's the impression you've gotten / You have misunderstood me
Verse 3
We weren't built to be fortresses / We have emotions and it's no good to hide them / If we just keep to ourselves / Then we're nothing more than robots / I foolishly believed you held the key to my happiness / Because you were enamoured, you opened your heart to me / All you saw was who you thought we could be
Chorus
Together we're heavy / I can't lift you up anymore / I'm not as strong as I was before / You have brought me down / Together we're heavy / You can no longer carry me / You've told me that you're sorry / I have pulled you apart

Written by B. (Monday, January 24, 2005) Copyright 2005

Chosen

Verse 1
I've never seen them cry / I don't know why / I've never heard them yell / As far as I can tell / Expression of inwardness was concealed / Feelings were never revealed / Functionally impaired, conversationally scared / Parental reluctance was evident / There was no interest between father and son / Ingrainment in ways of life was generational / Comprehension of adult matters was non-existant
Verse 2
I hated being at the school / So he made me feel privileged / I follow him down a long corridor / Enter the room / Lay on an unmade bed / He tells me to remove my clothing / I oblige / He presses his lips against mine / The smell of alcohol is strong / He begins to pleasure himself once he's naked / Tells me what we're doing is sacred / When I see him explode / I become disgusted
Verse 3
I develop confused priorities / Skillfully, he had broken me / I now must pick myself up / This ghastly cycle is never-ending / I try to suppress the experience of my truncated childhood / Staying busy means I can disengage / Ultimately, this feeling never goes away / I learned secrecy and dishonesty / Now I don't know what will become of me
Chorus
You realize you are chosen after the fact / You are singled out at first sight / Grooming begins in daylight / But you cross an invisible line / In the dead of night / You don't question unspeakable activities / Being compliant is how you react / A significant amount of confusion is generated / Nothing is as simple as it used to be

Written by B. (Monday, May 5, 2014) Copyright 2014

The Love Season

Verse 1
You're everything I need / You are not what I'm looking for / You're the only true friend I've ever had / I want nothing to do with you / The days were long and hot / But the nights were longer and cooler / That didn't change how I felt about you / Until this very moment
Verse 2
Belongings in the hallway / Your dirty clothing in the bathtub / Everything now out in the open / Your heart on your sleeve has company / I grew, I lied / I now know that I should have tried / To stop from drowning in the rain / I've made mistakes repeatedly
Bridge
The warmth, patience and joy / Have all dissipated from ourselves / Piercing winds and unforgiving nights / Have come around again
Chorus 1
Withered and bruised / How dare you take me for granted / How dare you take advantage of me / I wanted to see you shine / As you became more of yourself / I fell in love with you
Chorus 2
It was you and I against the world / It was you and I feeling alive / At the height of the love season

Written by B. Copyright 2007

Oh, D

Verse 1
Obscure and emotionally incomplete / Away from social defeat / But not you / They've had you for a decade / While I just found out / Jealousy continues to abound
Verse 2
Leather and sportish gear / Preference is for all things bare / Your favourite game is tag / I so wish I could have been your regular challenger / Passion continues to abound
Verse 3
You are driven inside / But you're not attempting to hide it from me / You touched me more deeply / More than just a tap on my shoulder / But you're inside my head / Your roughness will not be forgotten / Oh, D, can you please help me?
Chorus
You're just what I've wanted / For all of this time / But couldn't attain it / You're modifying your foundation / Adding layers to your core away from here / Oh, D, you're vanishing

Written by B. (Sunday, April 15, 2012) Copyright 2012

With You

Verse 1
Chilly reply with feeling / Intention was to meet up in a group / But I declined / There was no interest in the other guy / I was unsure by what you had to offer / So I just said "No"
Verse 2
Second chances are rare but always good / Especially when the outcome is fruitful / I knew just what to expect / But you were better than the thoughts I envisioned
Bridge
High intensity encounters are great / But experiencing them with you is better / You let me know things / And your thoughts are clear / Thank you for sharing them with me
Chorus 1
With you I will always say "Yes" / Being next to you / Is where I want to be
Chorus 2
With you I will always say "Yes" / I am not intimidated by you
Chorus 3
With you I will always say "Yes" / I will show you who I am / Appreciate every moment with you / Even when nothing is spoken

Written by B. (Sunday, April 15, 2012) Copyright 2012

Drowning Cupid

Verse 1
I don't need love / No no no no no / I do not need love / What it gave to me was deep sadness / I don't want kisses / No no no no no / I do not want kisses / It will lead to falling for someone / Just leave me to myself / Yes yes yes yes yes / Being alone is nothing new to me / They'll be no confessions of hearts skipping beats / And no places for lovers to meet / What I do won't be found out by anyone
Verse 2
I don't need love / No no no no no / I do not want to experience emotional turmoil again / I don't want sweet nothings / No no no no no / I do not want sweet nothings to be whispered into my ears / To each his own / Yes yes yes yes yes / That is what I believe / I refuse to live by any other standard / Souls uniting are just fantasies / Hoping that it'll happen makes you naïve / I made a promise not to let myself down
Verse 3
My sense of self was manipulated / Who I tried to be / Was weaker than who I was / My self-respect shrivelled up like burning paper / Slowly I regained strength / I knew that battling forces beyond my control / Would be arduous and time consuming / Reclaiming what's left of me begins with drowning cupid / This will be my sweet victory
Chorus
I'm drowning cupid / He won't fly / He will no longer shout his harts at me / I'm drowning cupid / He'll be gone / Then I will have peace of mind / Drowning cupid is the only way for me to live

Written by B. (Tuesday, November 8, 2005) Copyright 2005

I Like Me!

Verse 1
I may not be perfect / I've made a few mistakes / I do have some regrets / But my life hasn't been a waste / Being as inquisitive as I am / Has been a good thing / Other times it's been bad / I'm a picky person when it's time to make my mind up / I become indecisive
Verse 2
I'm not always nice / Not always honest / I don't have any friends / But I do have acquaintances / I'm a stutterer, a former nail-bitter / I'm a sinner, a former church attendant / I have aspirations but I procrastinate / Even though I've had crushes / Never been on a date
Verse 3
Sometimes I'm ungrateful / Other times I'm selfish / I focus more on what I want / Instead of appreciating what I have / When I'm angry, I can resort to revenge / I've thought of killing myself / But I chose to live my life
Chorus 1
With all my faults - I like me! / I'm the only person I want to be / With all my good qualities - I like me! / I won't change for anyone / Because I like me! I like me!
Chorus 2
With all my faults - I like me! / I'm the only person I want to be / With all my good qualities - I like me! / I won't change for anyone / Who I am is who I'll be / Because I like me! I like me!

Written by B. (Thursday, November 10, 2005) Copyright 2005

May I Feel

Verse 1
May I feel your two week old beard with my soft fingers / I remember the sensation that I got from it / May I feel your thin eyebrows which blend into your facial tone / I remember the enjoyment that I got from it / May I feel your semi-bald head / And the hairs that you have left / I remember the thrill that I got from it
Verse 2
May I feel your well-shaped nose / The top, the point and the sides / I remember the peacefulness that I got from it / May I feel your big ears - the front and the back / I remember the pleasure that I got from it / May I feel my thick lips kissing you passionately / I remember the excitement that I got from it
Verse 3
May I feel your smooth elbows / Both at the same time / I remember the happiness that I got from it / May I feel your strong thighs and your meaty legs / I remember the warmth that I got from it / May I feel my body being cuddled by yours / I remember the satisfaction that I got from it
Chorus
Oh, how beautiful you are / It is a shame that you do not realize it / I yearn to be a part of you again / So I hate the fact that I have to ask / "Is it okay for me to touch you?"

Written by B. (Monday, August 15, 2005) Copyright 2005

Same Time, Next Year

Verse 1
Couldn't believe the news / When I heard it at first / You left me, you're dating a new friend of mine / What's worst? / I tried to convince myself that it wasn't true / You and I were in the early stages of something new / Hanging out, eating and sleeping at your place / Loved it when I would just stare at your face / Your arms around me at different times of the day / How I miss that, you'll never know / Because I won't say
Verse 2
More soft spoken is what I am / Holding my head lower is what I do / Signs which indicate your love for me / Are what I search for, are what I think of / More cautious of who I speak to / Acting mute when it's necessary / Solutions that solve some of my dilemmas / Are what I search for, are what I think of / I feel insecure and inadequate in many ways
Verse 3
The downtown core of the city / Reminds me so much of you / Shorts, bicycles, cell phones and Cadillacs / Now and again, I walk by your apartment building / I look at floor six, wondering what you're up to / How I miss the moments which quickly passed us by / Reminiscing about them will lead me to cry
Chorus 1
By this time next year / I will be alone / Whenever I was with you / I felt at home / Now I'm riding high on a tidal wave of emotions / Same time, next year / I'll be drowning in the memory of us
Chorus 2
By this time next year / I will be alone / Whenever I was with you / I felt at home / Now I'm riding high on a tidal wave of emotions / Same time, next year / I'll be drowning in the memory of us / Desperately wanting a sense of clarity / Is what I'll be doing same time, next year

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 17, 2005) Copyright 2005

Back