ghaw2007's Lyrics

Light And Shadows

Verse 1 - Common blockage, new barricades / Irregular state of restlessness / Past and present occupy the mind / Potential thoughts of future tied up in a bind / Conflict of luxuries and necessities / Half-measured and too relaxed / Downgraded from collections of existence / Floating among creatures and cargo

Verse 2 - Clashes of opposing views / Lack of general consensus / Arbitration in high demand / To decide the way in which things will be / Minimum requirements generate minimum effect / Upping the ante will lead to renewed interests / Eager eyes of spectators will widen / In anticipation of being entertained

Verse 3 - Limited appeal and access / A modicum of opportunities / Proceeding with a plan may be advantageous / Minimizing mistakes is conducive to a better outcome / Upward and far-reaching focus is challenging to conceive of / When similar backgrounds ignore natural status / And chase after artificial concepts

Chorus 1 - Light and shadows competing / To reign supreme among the lives of men / Revelation and concealment are attached / To every place and person

Chorus 2 - Light and shadows competing / To reign supreme among the lives of men / Revelation and concealment are attached / To every place and person / Truth and lies dwell in light and shadows

Written by B. (Monday, August 18, 2014) Copyright 2014

We Are Men

Verse 1 - We're not just beast for the slaughterhouse / We are men, we are men / Evidence of a war being waged against us are prevalent / Enemies surround us / If you're groomed as a slave / You'll eventually become a slave / But if you resist their conditioning / You'll have control of your mind and your senses

Verse 2 - You can wear all the sunglasses you want / It won't eliminate the shame you feel / For allowing the madness to seep onto your bloodstream / You're beating yourself up / If you speak to be understood / You still have to clarify your intentions / And how it could possibly impact the world / And future generations

Verse 3 - Pretty songs and modern dancing / Are a useful distraction / Against the acquisition and application of knowledge / Entertainment is profitable / Dignity is admirable / Having principles is necessary / When you're the builders of nations / You can't be hesitant to rule / Your actions define you

Chorus 1 - Children cry and children play / Our behaviour many yesterdays / We construct and we destroy / The many things which surround us / Still, we don't know if we're progressing / We are men

Chorus 2 - Children cry and children play / Our behaviour many yesterdays / Still, we don't know if we're progressing / We are men / We know and we think we know

Written by B. (Wednesday, June 18, 2014) Copyright 2014

Journey

Verse 1 - In the age of loneliness / Getting through each day is difficult / In many ways it's dangerous / Dangerous to our survival / Not all of us can cope / With the hardships that we endure / A bridge and a river / Seem to be the only option

Verse 2 - Handsome creatures are like trinkets / They all come and they all go / The glimmering shine starts to fade / It's value becomes questionable / So you engage in trading / Searching for something brighter / You don't know who you are / You can't determine what you want to be / No passion equates to no action / A driving force can get you far / Ambition and attitude can help construct your narrative

Verse 3 - Assigning meaning to things / Makes us different from animals / But that doesn't necessarily / Mean that we won't act like them / Being careless and free / Is what many of us dream to be / Reality and its outcomes sometimes aren't dealt with / How the mind functions is truly fascinating / Everything begins and ends between the ears

Chorus - Half the world away / There's someone like you / In your position / But you'll never know / If you don't grow out / The journey is long

Written by B. (Thursday, May 8, 2014) Copyright 2014

Last edited:
Untitled

Verse 1 - C** dripping from p****** / Fat men banging on the door / Money exchanging hands and itchy backs getting scratched / Dreams are coming true for the wild and brazen / Some only enjoy the multi-coloured view / By playing it hard and safe / There's a cost to everything / Nothing's free but some things are cheap / Pay for games and everything that falls in between / Inflation is a downer / Some have low spirits and can't get up / For those with deep white pockets / The sky is the limit

Verse 2 - Grab them by the bal-ls and shake them like stuffed animals / When you're bigger and badder / You navigate them through your fields / With a whip and a code word / Fantasies become reality / The appetizer should never taste better than the main course / Take a closer look if seeing is believing / Savour every touch if many things are fleeting / You're a star for a short while / Even if you shine through the night / The light will fade from bright white eyes / And re-emerge in another's face

Verse 3 - If the walls and floors are decorated with brown or red / Leave immediately and hurry back to where you reside / Cleanse yourself from top to bottom / And change your clothing / A fresh appearance will erase any foul scene / Scrolling down quickly and swiping from left to right / On the hunt for anything new and exotic / If natural experiences and pill-popping are on the increase / Then embrace what surrounds you / To be accepted into the white fold

Bridge 1 - You're wet and warm / And all alone with clean hard white hands / And a steady heartbeat / You're ageing gently and impatient

Bridge 2 - If fingers are wagged / They'll be chopped off or sucked on like white candy / Whispers of shame will increase in volume and size

Chorus - If it's beautiful, then it will become trashy / Thieves and liars will form a coalition to pathologize instincts / Heads of households will collect dues / Owed to them and their tribes / Releasing voracious passions is part of the unspoken agreement

Written by B. (Sunday, October 16, 2016) Copyright 2016

Hello Hum

Verse 1 - Hello hum / Let the rain wash away the pain / You've been working all day / You've been sweating all night / And now you're tired / Every tree has been breathing for you / The ground has remained steady / Rocks haven't been thrown / And the doctor tells you / That you must drink clean water to be well-hydrated / You should listen to him / Even though he's paid to make people sick / He's created poison, he's interfered with wellness / But don't blindly reject everything prescribed by him
Verse 2 - Hello hum / You don't have to discuss feminism / It's worked against you, it's battled with you / And now you're frail / You don't need to jump on wagons constructed by others / To follow plans by masterminds / To engage with criminal minds / Get off the roller coasters and open your eyes / You're the greatest prize / Who's been taught to despise all that you are
Verse 3 - Hello hum / Sometimes you just need to hush / If your mouth is always open / You'll eventually catch flies / What you say will be plastered on the web / And the web will weave tales / That are against your creed / Every syllable will be de-constructed and repackaged for judgement / They'll cover you with labels and base everything on perception / What you put out won't be well-received / It won't be encouraged
Chorus - You're a big dude / Stop behaving like a puppet / It's time to cut the white strings with big black scissors / Shed what's artificial and say hello to yourself / Be the unforgettable fire that could never be put out / Hello hum
Outro - Hello hum (8x; whisper)
Written by B. (Sunday, September 25, 2016) Copyright 2016

The Bold And The Beautiful

Verse 1
Pleasant revelation right before my eyes / Big lips, big nose and a great skin tone / I crave every shade of brown / When I look at you, I also want to touch you / I'm wise enough now; I know better / Confusion has been cast aside / You're the only one on my radar / The only one who catches my attention / Strength and confidence are emanating from you / You're naturally spectacular / The things that you've built are marvelous / I want to get a peek inside of your brain
Verse 2
When I'm on the hunt / I have no intention to kill / Just a look from you gives me such a thrill / To the bone, a vibrating chill that gently shocks my senses / And when you go away / All that I can say is "Hey man! What the dill?" / I don't need a doctor to prescribe junk in the form of pills / I'm sure someone like you won't bend over backwards / Just to pay the bills / Determination and discipline are emanating from you / Who you are is colourfully magnetic / I'd like to unravel your mystery
Verse 3
Intimidation doesn't persuade you / You're not scared to say what you mean and mean what you say / Haters will hate as the world keeps on turning / Although you ignore them / Their eyes and mouths are burning / You can tear a bull with minimal effort / Then feed its flesh and bones to your detractors / Desire and awareness are emanating from you / You're internationally minded / How you think is inspirational / I wish that you'll teach me your ways
Chorus
You are bold, you are beautiful / Bold and beautiful, bold and beautiful / You are mighty fine, you are mighty fine / Bold and beautiful

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 31, 2016) Copyright 2016

Surfacing

Verse 1
Whitest c*** open up and reveal your great mystery / I've heard many rumours about you / And I want some clarification / Do you lean on the side of Marilyn Monroe or Margaret Thatcher? / Do you dance with everything you sweep up in your presence? / Are you the one to bestow afterglow on regular fellows? / Do you beat the heat by letting the freak class wash your feet? / Do you conjure up inventions with your breath and sounds? / Are you quiet when the inner riots erupt among the youth? / Do you earn a wage in the cage built by the big machine?
Verse 2
Caught between minor existences and a glorious world / From far the most spectacular light that could easily blind me / Trying to grip onto anything that could eradicate my brokenness / I'd like to run across your warm beaches whole and complete / To be a star in your galaxies of pleasure would be breathtaking / An out of body experience beyond my wildest dreams / A moment you could freeze in time / For me to savour continuously
Verse 3
If I'm offered to breathe in your pure air / I'd gladly accept it / My lungs would be fully-formed as I'm being revitalized / Every inch of skin would be removed painlessly / I'd be shielded from the harsh environments of my old ways / This unrealized state of being / Would decorate empty spaces that have occupied my core / And taken control of my senses / I'm situated in a position that could go either way / A reality that could be a living perfection / Or a living nightmare
Bridge
Sometimes it seems like I'm close to where I should be / There are no wise voices to guide me along the way / If I continue to subscribe to nonsensical notions / I won't break through the desires which surround me
Chorus
They say that eyes are windows to the soul / If I stare long enough, I'll know everything about you / I'd be mesmerized and inspired to be deep inside of you / To swim across your cool and vibrant oceans of wonder / To transform myself into a unique and significant being / I want to tell you / That I spend the bland days of my life / Surfacing on your nature / But I don't know how / This unusual excitement is strong enough / That I'll break if it can't live outside of me

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 31, 2016) Copyright 2016

Our Brand Is Crisis

Verse 1
If you're caught in a bind / And you want to get out / Give us a call and we'll come flying to you / We'll brainstorm to construct a well-crafted narrative / Put it in the papers and make it go viral / The masses will chew on whatever we deliver to their homes / Most will be satisfied and beg for more / We're able to unravel multiple distractions and disorders / Like juggling balls with our eyes closed / Without the use of magic / Without relying on luck / The fruits of our labour will nourish a nation
Verse 2
If you're low with no place to go / We'll put on a show to captivate an audience / With an invisible hand, we'll scratch your back / Just as long as we're well-compensated / When you give, you take more than what's expected / Like a thief in the night / You're unheard and unseen / If you're ratted out or threatened with exposure / Donate to charity to increase your popularity / The great and the small will all bow at your feet / They'll kiss the ring while biting their tongues / You won't be castigated / You won't be stripped bare / Your name and words will act as sword and shield
Verse 3
Two sides of a coin / Both ends of a spectrum / Unbeknownst to our opponents / The decks are stacked in our favour / When solutions are needed to disputes and dilemmas / Knowing we'll be victorious, we'll offer as many / This is not a game / This is a way of life / When groomed to be successful / Failure is not an option / Our echoes linger in your dreams / Our visions blend into your shadows / All that we create is reflected in you / Scrub your skin and detox your organs / We've made plans for you / And you'll serve us very well
Chorus
Our brand is crisis / What we live and what we breathe / The fire burning in us / And consuming all that we touch / We're exceptional at what we do / That's why they call us professionals / Being on top is the sole position we aspire to

Written by B. (Sunday, August 28, 2016) Copyright 2016

White Love

Verse 1
The pureness of paleness is deep at the core of your beating heart / And it glistens on your skin / Stiff hands would be relaxed if they could travel / Along the edges of your porcelain mountains and valleys / You are the only drug of choice / When it comes to enriching the senses in full mode / Kingdoms have been constructed by the sound of your voice / Its melodic vibes have been the anthem of armies / Your eyes are never planted in the past / With a forward outlook, you see beyond allies and foes
Verse 2
Your b******* are well-shaped like juicy melons / I want my hands to grab onto them and melt away / Every inch of you tells an interesting story / You're the talk of the world / Magazines and films are devoted to you / I want to kiss you with a caring fierceness / And as we become one / Our souls will be set free / Free as the wind that whistles through our bones / And warm as the desires that ignite our passions / We've been consumed with our suppressions and denials / If we don't come to terms with them, they'll blow us away
Verse 3
Believe in the one who has the power to save you / When your blood ceases to flow / You'll have everlasting life / Sacrifices must be made / And multiplied in good fashion / Your guiding light has been your most ardent cheerleader / Stumbling is natural / It's a marathon, not a sprint / You have nothing to prove to others / As they're in the same condition / Spread the news to all / Shout it from the rooftops / When you're told to hush / Raise your voice louder than thunder / Obey your master to receive your reward / You'll be transported into a glorious and magnificent realm
Chorus
I fantasize about you / I can't get enough of you / I'm always on the hunt for you / I honour and respect you / I promote and celebrate you / I don't want to live without you / White love / White, white love / Love white / White, white love

Written by B. (Sunday, September 25, 2016) Copyright 2016

Confessions On A Dance Floor

Verse 1
I love the beats, I love the movements / And all the colours of the flashing lights / I won't cover my ears, I won't close my eyes / Immersion into sweetness and magic has taken hold / It's real, it's pure and completely out of this world / Superior to any vivid dream or fairy-tale / Lush tones will linger within and around my ears / I'll be captivated to the point where I can't blink / The wave of the pulse is electrifying / It's buzz, it's shock is calling out for me / Without resistance, I surrender to the command / Instead of wasting away on my knees / I'll be high and dry
Verse 2
Through a maze, around the wheel of life / Where it ends, when it stops / Nobody knows for sure / The games have begun / And there's tricks up many sleeves / Your hands will get dirty if you're willing to dig deep / Stirred, shaken, tossed, turned over / Like storms reigning over conquered lands / Altered realities have washed away identities and souls / Through the floods of change
Verse 3
A battle between the hearts and minds / Like secrets and lies behind truth and revelation / Oil mixed with water and toxic fumes in the air / Being healthy is a daily struggle / Over the sun and moon in a different cycle / Sensations of various forms and flavours / Beginnings at the end and the end at the beginnings / Everything is connected among the sights and sounds
Chorus
Confessions on a dance floor / Vibrating and settling into the core / The core of pleasure and pain Security gets in the way of being sane / In control but out of bounds / Jumping from one target to the next / Failure and success blurred between the construction of sound

Written by B. (Sunday, September 4, 2016) Copyright 2016

Further

Verse 1
Saint Cecilia rejected me / My heart was impure / I didn't display enough compassion for humanity / My behaviour was too careless / It was out of focus / I guess it's just another lesson to learn / I'll add it to the list of improvements
Verse 2
I'm full of demons and decisions / Concealing their influences is a struggle / I'm slowly becoming what it is I've been taught to fear / Excessive freedom and apathy is a virulent mix / My antagonistic ways have drawn concern / I'm unmotivated when it comes to eliminating my pernicious condition / I don't want you praying for me
Verse 3
If I listen intently, I may hear the echoes / Of what has been put into motion / I could remain heartless if it renders me unfazed / If I continue to go beyond limits / If lines of demarcation are erased and redrawn / If I ultimately break my own mind / I'll cease to exist in this current form / And that would be pleasing to many / Enough for them to celebrate my long-awaited demise / But I'm alive as the fires consume my heart
Chorus
I'm further away from where people want me to be / Living to their expectations is limiting / I'm seen as being a lesser man in need of a new outlook / Someone who should change their improper ways / What's hard is constantly being judged / As a result, I'm drifting further away from goodness

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 24, 2016) Copyright 2016

Untitled

Verse 1
What is your religion?
Is it se-x or music?
Do you worship at the altar of rhythmic beats?
Do you say a pray for electric guitars and violins?
Is your Bible full of parables or interesting lyrics?
Do you study the teachings of Jesus
Or practice soul and funk?
Do you spread the message of the gospel
Or pass out concert flyers?

Verse 2
You're always sad and tired in a vibrant city
A city full of dynamic colours and exuberant sounds
A kaleidoscope of rainbows and intoxicating grooves
The bass is, unfortunately, missing from your mind
I, however, shall not skip a beat
I'll dance within the rays of the sun
And swing along with the moonlight
I won't clop the blue drop
Withering away like a neglected plant
I'll participate in soul revivals
Learning good notes from past eras
And remixing them with current styles
Remastered and repackaged
Delivering it to the people in the streets
And in their quiet fortresses

Verse 3
You take everything
Then discard the parts that don't fit in
If it smells like trash
And gives you a rash
Eliminate it from you
If you're frightened, if you're anxious
Then it's not right for you
Burn the old garb
Put on clean attire, then begin anew
The rest if your life is yours to have
It's waiting for you
Pack your bags with lyrics, instruments and a song or two
The masses are weak and desperate
They're waiting for you

Chorus
They say it's going to be epic / They say it's going to be divine / But I won't know until I sense it / In my flesh and bones / I must take a stand / I must move / I've got to be carried away with music / This is my religion / It's the reason I laugh / The reason I breathe day in and day out / As mysterious as galaxies / Full of infinite possibilities / Like a drop in the ocean / And a star in the sky / This is my religion

Outro
You walk into every room feeling lost and blue / You don't know what to do / Haven't got a clue / Your mind is stuck like glue / When you reject all the hues / You don't know what to do / Haven't got a clue / But I do / I do

Written by B. (Sunday, July 17, 2016) Copyright 2016

Untitled

Intro
Gentlemen and ladies, welcome to the funk party / All types of expressions are allowed / And greatly encouraged / We want nothing more than complete satisfaction / During your time with us / LET THE FUN BEGIN!
Verse 1
Reject control / Don't keep your mouth shut / Don't do as you're told / The people will be unsatisfied and restless / They'll cry out for a solution to change their status / Beholden to ancient ways is not the way for them to be / They need fresh air to eliminate the toxicity they've inhaled / With clear lungs and a new outlook / The present will be bright and clear
Verse 2
Unified against the strongest tide / Waves come crashing in / We won't drown out / When the storms are unrelenting / The bonds we've built will serve us well / When the climate is fierce and harsh / We'll hold onto each others hands and feet / We won't get bogged down with disasters and distractions / Our minds are untaintable
Bridge 1
Funk! Crunk! Swirl! / Don't clop the blue drop / Swim in the rainbow / Dance in the rainbow / Touch the rainbow / Multiply the rainbow
Bridge 2
Funk! Crunk! Swirl! / Rocking without dropping / Dream in the rainbow / Listen to the rainbow / Taste the rainbow / Multiply the rainbow
Bridge 3
Funk! Crunk! Swirl! / Rising without fighting / Fly with the rainbow / Marvel at the rainbow / Memorize the rainbow / Multiply the rainbow
Bridge 4
Funk! Crunk! Swirl! / Ruling without destroying / Uplift the rainbow / Feed the rainbow / Protect the rainbow / Multiply the rainbow
Chorus
We are here / We are everywhere / Got things to do / Never bored or idle / We are young / We are bold and tenacious / Always using and perfecting our senses / As public enemies with colorful attitudes / Things are rarely easy / Or as cool as ice / That won't hinder us / Never complacent or scared

Written by B. (Sunday, August 14, 2016) Copyright 2016

Ray of Light

Verse 1
She is a ray of light moving quickly / Soaring through the sky like a gazelle with wings / There’s no way anybody can catch up with her / She never stays in one place longer than a minute
Verse 2
She’s faster than anything you’ve seen before / You’re trying to figure out where she comes from / I don’t think you’ll ever know for sure / Time passes by like a stranger in the night
Verse 3
There’s a universe out there for her to explore / She could be searching for her place in it / Maybe she’s trying to leave this world behind / If she is, she’ll zoom out / Like a hot potato in your hands
Bridge
Her speed amazes everyone / When you see her, she’s already gone / She’s always racing to her destinations
Chorus 1
Can you feel a gust of wind pass you by? / Can you see a light that is shining brightly? / If you can, you know it’s her
Chorus 2
Can you feel her? / Can you feel? / Can you see her shining like a star? / Can you see? / She’s flying like a ray of light / She is a ray of light

Written by B. (Thursday, August 2, 2001) Copyright 2001

Ask Me No Questions

Ask me no questions for I know nothing
If it’s something about anything
I won’t know what you’re saying
Of course I hear you speak
But I can’t comprehend your message
Even if you break it down
All I hear are sounds
Sounds that are endless
Sounds that are boundless
Sounds which only cloud my mind
You’re searching for answers that I don’t have
I’m avoiding questions that you ask
I keep on telling you that I can’t help you
But you’re persistent like a cop
Trying to get the truth out of a criminal
If there was something I could do
I would have done it
I wouldn’t even hesitate for a moment
You do believe me when I say that, don’t you?
If you don’t, then you don’t
I won’t try to convince you that I‘m an honest person
You can think whatever you want to think
But you can’t do whatever you want to do
It’s not a free country
Nothing is free, so I’ve been told
You ask me: "Should I leave or should I stay?"
I’m thinking: "Didn’t you ask me that yesterday?"
I’ve wasted a lot of time on you
I’ve tried to explain that there’s nothing I can do
I’m not a psychic that can predict your future
I’m not a genie that can grant you three wishes
So ask me no questions for I know nothing

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 29, 2001) Copyright 2001

By The Time I Get To Phoenix

Verse 1
Where’s luck when I need it the most? / Where’s a genie to grant me three wishes? / Where’s a rainbow with a pot of gold? / Where’s a rabbit’s foot that I can hold? / I know I’ve made a lot of mistakes / And I’ve been away from you for a while / I begged you to give me a chance / But you went your own way
Verse 2
I’ve made promises I’ve never kept / I caused you to be disappointed in me / I feel so ashamed of myself / Why did I act that way to you? / Forget about turning back time / Nothing good happened in the past / I don’t even look onwards to the future / My state of mind is frozen in the present
Bridge 1
By the time I get to Phoenix / I’ll have tears falling from my eyes / My heart will sink to my feet
Bridge 2
Even if I were a bird / I wouldn’t be able to fly away from my problems / They’re with me wherever I go / They won’t disappear / But I can forget about them for a while
Chorus
By the time I get to Phoenix / I’ll have tears falling from my eyes / My heart will sink to my feet / I’ll be drowning in a sea of regret

Written by B. (2001) Copyright 2001

Needing You

Verse 1
You are far away from me / Please come a little closer to me / I am longing to touch your skin / I want to be healed from the sadness I feel / Since you’ve been gone, everything has changed / It’s as if I’m living in a completely different world / I look around and I don’t recognize anything / It’s just like a never-ending nightmare
Verse 2
I am far away from you / Please come a little closer to me / I look around and I don’t recognize anything / It’s just like a never-ending nightmare
Verse 3
Why can’t I be by your side? / That’s the question I always ask myself / If you’re not going to be in my life / I don’t know if I could ever survive / You’ve always been the blood rushing through my veins / Now that you’re gone, I feel like I’m dying / You’ll always be the one for me / No one will ever take your place in my heart
Chorus
I’m needing you / I don’t want to live without you / I’m needing you

River, Cross My Heart

Verse 1
I’m sick and tired of feeling that I need to care about everything / I know many people that do whatever they please / I don’t want to feel angry / I don’t want to feel sad / I don’t need an ounce of feeling that lives inside me
Verse 2
I’ve been called names / And sometimes I shrug all of them off / But some of them are like weapons / They wound me each time they’re said
Bridge
If I were a turtle / I’d crawl under my shell and remain there / Even if it was for a lifetime / I don’t want to feel angry / I don’t want to feel sad / I don’t need an ounce of feeling that lives inside me
Chorus
River, please cross my heart / Flood every corner of it / Don’t leave any spaces that can succumb to the power of feeling / I need help, so help me now / Depression is more present than it's ever been in my life / I don’t want to show any emotions

I Need You Now

Verse 1
I have looked for you / But you are nowhere to be found / Why did you leave me here alone? / If you hear me, come back home / Where I am is where you belong / I miss your smile and your laugh / The kindness and generosity / That revealed the beauty of your heart / Memories are all I have of you / I will not forget any of them
Verse 2
Life without you is difficult / There are many problems I can’t solve / Many issues I don’t want to address / In those moments, I long for you the most / I need to be with any part of you / Even your spirit
Chorus 1
It would be great to be so strong / I could get through the lonely days and sleepless nights / Denying my feelings is not only painful, it’s wrong/ I don’t know what tomorrow will bring / It makes me feel uneasy / I’ll never get over you, I don’t know how / You’re the only one who can make me live again / I need you now
Chorus 2
It would be great to be so strong / I could get through the lonely days and sleepless nights / Denying my feelings is not only painful, it’s wrong / I don’t know what tomorrow will bring / It makes me feel uneasy / I’ll never get over you, I don’t know how / You’re the only one who can make me live again / I need you now / Make me feel alive again / I need you now

Written by B. (Thursday, May 1, 2003) Copyright 2003

Back