Getting ready for my first EP....

TriKRaps

Hey, i recently wrote my first ep (i have about 5 tracks written, only lyrics). Yes i know im 16 but i really dont wanna wait till i get older so i think about releasing it. Anyway, im soon ending with the lyrics, im finalizing them, tryin to make them perfect. And i will start producing and later on recording mixing and finally mastering the album. I will record 2 tracks on proffesional studios and 3 tracks on my home. I will also have 2 beats produced by others and 3 produced from me. My hardware gear is an M-Audio vocal studio pro mic, an Akai Mpk mini MK2 and a focusrite 2i2 and some 50 bucks headphones that i dont remember their name. Is there anything i need to know before i start?

Last edited:
If you're new to producing (and rapping) it's really cool that you're so ambitious and thinking about making a project already... My advice would be don't rush and don't stress yourself! Just take time to make as much music as possible, develop your talent, find your sound and then once you have some really dope material then think about releasing stuff. By all means, share songs with friends to see what people respond to and try and gain some fans.

It's a really good thing to have a goal in mind but don't make the EP your goal rather than having loads of great songs. If you don't already have songs that people like releasing any larger project could lead to disappointment. Go slow and steady and take it song by song, eventually you will have an EP without even thinking about it.

Back