Thread: Finding Music For Songs On Youtube

Thanks

Question Finding Music For Songs On Youtube

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm trying to learn song writing, so I've been reading about different exercises.
    One is to write a song every day. Don't have to be great, since they're just practice songs, just as good as I can do with the time I have to write them.
    I need to find music to write the songs to. I looked on youtube, but I really don't know what to type in the search box. I tried to search for the music I wanted, but the search just brings up completed songs. I guess I could use the music from a completed song just for practice, but I don't want to if I can help it.
    Anyway, has anyone else done this, and if so, how/where did you find the music? I'm not going to use it for anything other than practice, unless it turns out well in which case I'd buy the music; so it doesn't need to be free. Are there certain keywords I should type into my youtube search?

Thanks.

Thanks
    idk about searching on youtube...

but, if you want to practice making up melodies, find the key to a song you like and experiment with made up melodies using notes from the key the songs is in. That's a fun to practice melody improvisation.

If a song is written in D major, make up melodies using the notes in D major as you listen to the song. It's actually pretty fun and helpful.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 07-31-2017 at 11:39 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Epsilon-144 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon-144 View Post
    idk about searching on youtube...

but, if you want to practice making up melodies, find the key to a song you like and experiment with made up melodies using notes from the key the songs is in. That's a fun to practice melody improvisation.

If a song is written in D major, make up melodies using the notes in D major as you listen to the song. It's actually pretty fun and helpful.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Where should I search instead of youtube?

Thanks
    youtube is okay, but anywhere music is. You just have to know what key the song is written in.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 07-31-2017 at 11:55 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Epsilon-144 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information