Female Mc's: In your opinion...

~LaydeeSouf~ said:
what are they lacking nowadays? Greetings..its been a long time but I want to know in your opinions what are female artist lacking lyric wise? Where should the focus be for a female mc/writer in order to survive in this buisness of music?

Thankies

Like most of us have said; Lauryn Hill is the dopest female rapper out there. I wish she would just do a strictly rap album, just for the hip hop heads.

Lady of Rage and Boss were the sh*t but they're gone now. I think female emcees fail because they all sound alike. Missy is a lil' differnt, but I consider her more of an entertainer than emcee.

yall cant forget Mc Lyte and Jean Grey they some dope female rappers

jean grae
babyblue
estelle
remy ma

the only ones i listen to really, there are a few more nice ones

jean is doper than lyte or lauryn hill tho...she is the dopest female emcee ever

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good female MC's in my opinion is Da Brat and MC Lyte, cause the other ones just spit about how they're gonna suck on a dude tonight and how they're the baddest b*tch.

same thing over and over..........

also we should mention Tiye Phoenix of polyrhythm addicts and Ladybug from digable planets

Justin RockWell said:
The only good female MC's in my opinion is Da Brat and MC Lyte, cause the other ones just spit about how they're gonna suck on a dude tonight and how they're the baddest b*tch.

same thing over and over..........

thats bull****

Jean Grae is one of the best lyricists in hiphop, male or female. Better than da brat better than lyte, better than lauryn hill or remy

Babyblue is nice aswell, easily as good or better than da brat.

Estelle is nice and has never spoke about sucking some dude.

dude my firned tisha is the shyt, shes like a female twista, she has a song im actually producing for her right now called nigga please, and its so dope, ill drop it on fp when its done

basixxx said:
Missy is a lil' differnt, but I consider her more of an entertainer than emcee.

i think what you mean is lyricist, emcee is the one moving the crowd. Correct me if im mistaken...

this is a nice thread though, i've never really had an ear for lady mc's myself. Alot just don't have there technique down...

but to laydeesouf, do you have any audio we could listen to.. just curious..

Last edited:
Back