Favourite Song Structure

darrouken

Darrouken
Hello fellow future producers, I have been coming to this forum for a couple weeks reading threads for advice and tips to help me through my journey of learning music production and the software Reason. I have fallen in love with it so I decided to sign up and I can't wait to be part of the community.

For my first thread I would like to ask if people could post their favourite song structures; for example :

Intro/Verse/Pre-chorus/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus/Outro

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Darrouken

Hello,

I generally work with introduction/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus/out ... Since I mostly am dealing with rap, and I feel like 3 rap verses gets boring to listen to, the bridge is usually a guitar solo or a singing part. Sometimes I have little post-chorus break downs or 1 bar leads in to the chorus, but those are all dependent on what's needed at the time.

-E.

intro/verse(maybe hook depending on beat)/hook/verse with a few drops/hook/verse or breakdown/hook/maybe a outro depending on beat

My usual structure is:

Intro/Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Verse/Bridge/Chorus/Outro

Depending on the track, I might have the chorus come after the intro.

Outro, Bridge, Chorus, Chorus, Verse, Intro, Bridge, Chorus, Chorus, Chorus, One more chorus because Mama hates odd numbers, Breakdown, Switchup, Verse, Chorus, Chorus......um actually, I have no preference, I like what feels right for each song.

Outro, Bridge, Chorus, Chorus, Verse, Intro, Bridge, Chorus, Chorus, Chorus, One more chorus because Mama hates odd numbers, Breakdown, Switchup, Verse, Chorus, Chorus......um actually, I have no preference, I like what feels right for each song.

This.

It's extra nice sometimes when you find a formula where the verses and hooks just blend and you can vice versa each part of the song.

A good tip in production that I picked up is making the verse parts each sound unique in some way without changing the song up completely. That adds alot to the mix.

Back