Do you think it's realistic to create songs and creative music ideas everyday?

Ezybeatz

I ask this question, because us as creators constantly innovate ourselves. I would like to know how other creators think whether it be in quantity, quality or both in regards to be realistic about creating music everyday.

I'm big on quality more than quantity as the latter is synonymous with microwave music and lyrics which are a symptom of the instant gratification era. I don't write everyday but I'm conditioned to where when I do have writer's block I never force anything.

If you create a song or an idea every day, do you finish a single one of them?

I read a lot about people having 100's of unfinished songs on their HD's.

I think it needs more dedication to finish a song to start a new idea. How good is an unfinished idea?

If you create a song or an idea every day, do you finish a single one of them?

I read a lot about people having 100's of unfinished songs on their HD's.

I think it needs more dedication to finish a song to start a new idea. How good is an unfinished idea?

Let me ask a counterquestion: what is finished? One man's unfinished track is another man's minimal techno, right?

Joking aside, it's probably not realistic to create and finish new ideas every day, but it is damn good training to try... and an excellent idea to overcome creative block:
Set yourself a challenge like: I'm gonna make 3 tracks in 3 days. I'm gonna make 3 tracks using the exact same soundset, or just this one instrument...
I'm gonna take my laptop and work in a different environment..

I'm not saying they'll be the greatest songs ever, but you have to keep finding ways to challenge yourself and keep things interesting and fun for you.
If you're not inspiring yourself, your stuff isn't gonna inspire anyone else either... it's that simple.

i write almost everyday. most of it is shit but i always get one or two good phrases or lines out of it that i save for later. thats just how i do it

Yeah, the more you write the more chances you have of it being quality work. You might write something really magnificent one day or even multiple great verses out of the pages you'd write for one day. Or there may be times where you come up with something out the blue & write it to remember.

I definitely write everyday, and one thing I try to do is finish all of my ideas even if I think they are terrible. I find that practice is absolutely essential to getting better, but it is also important to push yourself to finish things. So maybe I don't write a new concept everyday, but I try to work on music every single day. Whether that's finishing up an idea that I hate or love, or creating an entirely new one.

Back