The decision on rapping or singing

hmmmmmm.......im like a 7/10 singing. with practice ill be good. with auto-tune im very good. if i had melodyne id be chris brown lol. my voice rapping isnt appealing to me but when you hear artist like roscoe dash and soulja boy you say "whoa! a higher pitched voice can work" and drake but he has a cool ass delivery and unique voice. i just want whatever comes out to sound appealing to the general public.

hey its me, i had to make a new account, there was a misunderstanding with thechemist. Now i go by NewEraPro

do you my man! i try to do both, although rapping is my main focus. Should just make it available to us all, you'd be able to get more feedback. Although there are some meanies out there.....can't guarantee there wont be any not showing up.

but just do you....i used to hate my singing, and now i go as far as focusing on singing tracks.

If you're leaning towards singing then I think you should sing. Rappers usually have a lot of bass in their voice but there's no rules really. Wiz khalifa has a very high pitched voice and he raps.

Whichever you decide to work on you'll be great at. Just put your hours in. It's a grind for real

Teddy Dayton

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Oh, and don't use autotune please. I mean... If you're going to practice to be good at something... Don't rely on a crutch to get you there.

Marathon runners don't jump in a car in the middle of their practice races. They run the whole way.

You must reach deep into your heart and decide if music is what you want to do for a living. And if it is, you have to keep the mentality that YOU ARE THE INSTRUMENT. A living breathing instrument and you require no crutch

Teddy Dayton

If you're leaning towards singing then I think you should sing. Rappers usually have a lot of bass in their voice but there's no rules really. Wiz khalifa has a very high pitched voice and he raps.

Whichever you decide to work on you'll be great at. Just put your hours in. It's a grind for real

Teddy Dayton

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Oh, and don't use autotune please. I mean... If you're going to practice to be good at something... Don't rely on a crutch to get you there.

Marathon runners don't jump in a car in the middle of their practice races. They run the whole way.

You must reach deep into your heart and decide if music is what you want to do for a living. And if it is, you have to keep the mentality that YOU ARE THE INSTRUMENT. A living breathing instrument and you require no crutch

Teddy Dayton
thats some good advice right there

Back