Counting bars.

G-Prynce

At the point where he says "32 bars", (which is at 1:38-39, so go onto about there/before it), I personally rapped over the beat and at the point where he says he's on 32 bars, I'm only on 24 bars. Is it just me, or is he actually at 24 and not on 32? Tell me if I'm right or not. Kinda confused whether it's 24 or 32.

Prynce

Last edited:
You rapped over four beats to a bar. "Bars" and "measures" are the same thing. The actual definition of "beat" is the individual pulses that make-up the meter and basic rhythm of a piece of music. We say "Listen to my beat," but we really mean "Listen to my short instrumental piece." Just had to clear that up, because I think the terminology is often part of the confusion.

As to your initial question, if someone doesn't get to it before me, I'll listen later and give you the breakdown. FP'in on my phone in a restaurant right now; not convenient to watch/listen...

GJ

You rapped over four beats to a bar. "Bars" and "measures" are the same thing. The actual definition of "beat" is the individual pulses that make-up the meter and basic rhythm of a piece of music. We say "Listen to my beat," but we really mean "Listen to my short instrumental piece." Just had to clear that up, because I think the terminology is often part of the confusion.

As to your initial question, if someone doesn't get to it before me, I'll listen later and give you the breakdown. FP'in on my phone in a restaurant right now; not convenient to watch/listen...

GJ

Edited that out, soz. :3

Sounds good, tell me what it is.

OK, from the _intro_ to where he says "32," is the beginning of bar 33, if you count (include) the intro before he starts rapping (right after the rastaman says his ting ting ting ting ting ting...).

GJ

OK, from the _intro_ to where he says "32," is the beginning of bar 33, if you count (include) the intro before he starts rapping (right after the rastaman says his ting ting ting ting ting ting...).

GJ

oh. i guess it's cause i started when the beat came in and he started rapping.

Last edited:

GJ

strange :) I got 40 bars from the start of the piece: there were the first 8 bars that were just spoken over but not actually used to deliver the message

the tape stop did not stop the beat from going forward (that was bars 23 and 24 by my count, which made it bars 15 and 16 in the actual rap part of the delivery)

HOLD UP! Don't know where my head was at, but you're right, he was at 40 at the "32" reference; I must have absent-mindedly not counted the first instrumental 8 bars (then added them back in to the verbiage of my post). Multi-tasking is not always all it's cracked-up to be...

GJ

Back