Considering quitting rap

III G

Hi my name is George and Ive been rapping for a couple of years, I am now 21 going on 22. I am slotted to go to a school for audio engineering in Oct. Lately I have been struggling with rapping in general, My biggest issue is I hate my voice and delivery, When I say something it just doesn't seem right. I would like some honest feed-back and maybe some tips on what I'm doing wrong. Im pretty sure its my delivery thats the main issue but I would like some outside input. Please and thank you.

BEWARE Im currently moving into a new apartment so I have not been able to mix these recordings at all.

This is the only mixed track I have.

https://soundcloud.com/george-lynn-moore/sets/featured-tracks-im-in-iii

Attachments

• Masta Plan.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 2011.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • hip hop hooray.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Bro are you serious smh keep grinding you sound like JOe Budden on on masta plan keep going bro you sound better than these annoying trap rappers. On some rs bro it's really nothing wrong with your voice. Ask your self this question would u rather be 27 and depressed saying what if or 27 and eating off of something you love?? Think about that you got potential and you don't have to be Jay Z level to be successful & It's plenty of independent artists making bread.

No Problem at the end of the day only your fans opinions count and don't conform to the trends just be yourself.

That's dope you definitely got some skills and I'm not just being a yes man. I'm an up and coming producer could you check my link and tell me what my beats are missing I been producing for about 5 months nowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4MrB9MWVI.

Ok so as far as the beat Im going to start of with what I believe to be the sample. (The constantly looping part)
1. The sample: It is really "sparse" it could potentially be great but since it doesn't have much going on it show cases the other sounds and hopefully the lyricist more. You could always add supporting harmony with piano chords or some other instrument.
2. The drums: you chose to keep it simple again which is a personal preference but the issue here is the lack of change up's it gets repetitive but it is a decent groove.
3. The intro: A lot of people will be turned off by a 30 sec intro and won't even get to the main part, as far as advertisement goes It should be no longer than 10-15 secs for the beat to drop unless you are well established and you have people who are going to seriously listen to the beats no matter what.

Overall I think its pretty dope for 5 months! Keep producing and who knows where it may take you.

Every voice is unique homie. Chase your passion, make it your purpose. You have a similar sound to Tyler The Creator and its pretty dope. Never give up a passion. Theres too many people who have stopped doing what they love to settle for something safe. You literally only live one time, make the most of it

wtf your voice and delivery is gold wtf nigga ignore yourself that off the record freestyle was just fucking idk how to explain mbut dont quit and definitley dont be fucking cliche do something unique

Last edited:
yoooo you're dope. Lyricism is dope, flow is solid. voice is UNIQUE! don't beat yourself up over your voice - i bet people thought Chance the Rapper would never get big cause his nasally voice but look at that independent motha fucker. you've got talent that will take you places. don't give up!

I like to read books outloud before going into the studio. Its good exercise to keep the lips and tongue moving. Pretend you narrarating for a documentry and concetrate on saying each word correctly. It helps a shit ton when you get on the mic and makes those tongue twisting bars a breeze with an unusual clarity.

Other than that, keep doing your thing.

Men! you sound absolutely gooood!!! This is really great music. Congrats, even the details on the mix of the voices, I everything is quite good :berzerk:

Back