Biggie and jay-z's songwriting methods

Wack said:
it's about proof, not just word of mouth. if that were the case then eminem would have every phobia known to man and Jay-Z wouldnt have a career...

and chill...its not like whether we determine nebody a biter or not will make a difference...:bat:

^yea its about havin proof, you should always research what you hear and not just believe it cuz you were told

and i guess it would suck a bit if jay is a biter cuz i did spend a lot of time listenin to him

just for wack to know--im not arguein this is a friendly conversation about hiphop

country boy said:
just for wack to know--im not arguein this is a friendly conversation about hiphop

i kno...ive known you long enuf to know betr...its like me an music...im all over that nemore...especially beats! i rip that sh*t up

has anyone made a beat, layed down a cool melody from your head, then realized later that that "cool melody" was from another song, but you just forgot about it at the time and thought it was yours?

this is kinda what this could be like with some of hov's verses

i dont know if any of you have heard of a uk band called oasis, but noel gallager the main songwriter has been acused of stealing melodys, and i think what i said above IS the reason for this with his songs

Last edited by a moderator:
ive done that before, but i can see from how many times jay did it that it is actual bitin-but idk

and yes oasis is a decent band haha i like them

Easy remember 1 bar at a time and u got a whole sixteen. Ive tried it and done it and it actually sounds better instead of reading off paper. Most rappers who hold the paper memorize it as well its just some of us like to look at the paper because we're stuck on that. Ive heard Jay-z and biggie both say they pace the room for about 20 minutes to memorize their verses then lay em down not that hard it just seems like ti. MEMORY your brain is like a computer

It is a habit that can be cultivated based on how well an artist can use repetition of memory skills. Memory is a very deep concept that is extremely difficult in most cases, especially if you're using words you're not familiar with. Overall it can be achievable, but only a very limited amount of people can actually do it.

Back