smooth sample hip hop beat Feed4Feed

I like the overall vibe of the sample and the drums do a good job matching the sample. I particularly liked the chorus type section with the voices, it sounds really cool when that part comes in. The sax is a nice change-up as well. Overall, it sounds like it could benefit from some mastering and a slight boosting of the higher frequencies. I really like the beat but when the main sample is going on with nothing else, it sounds a little too low and doesn't pop in the mix, if that makes sense. Regardless, it's a cool beat and different sections of it (voices and sax) are particularly dope, nice work!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...shan-ahmads-sunshine-f4f-472847/#post49774562

i think i get what your trying to say and i hear it as well, it could definitely be boosted in higher frequencies. i appreciate your feedback and im headed to check you out right now! :)

This is a nice smooth beat that has potential. The first thing I noticed which is not a big deal to most people but before the chorus you can hear a very small gap in between where the sample is looped but like I said it is not a big deal. The second thing, which has already been said so I'm sure you know, but this needs to be mastered which to me is the hardest part depending on the beat. Some beats you will have to use several equalizers thru out the beat to boost specific frequencies to make your beat sound more clean. With that being said, overall good work with the sampling and sax change up at the end but trust me, mastering can make the beat sound so much better if done right.

thank you Maestro, it really would help if i could get my head wrapped around the whole mastering process. i appreciate the in sight. and yea hahah it does kind of sound like it could have been on a 90's tv show but i actually acquired is from the Jazz-Funk section :).
i will be checking out your work shortly

I like the arrangement you used with the voice and the verse part, but I don't know I don't like the sample. It sounds a little muddy maybe try to make two copies of the same sample and high filter one so there is no bass then low pass another so you only have the bass it should sound cleaner.

Nice jazz vibe. I like the sample, but like someone else said. that small gap kinda throws the rhythm off slightly. I feel like it needs some chord changes and some extra melodies added. It got a little repetitive after awhile. Other than that its cool.

Back