A skeleton beat, need feedback..

I love the guitars, all the samples are great. If you add a bassline though, I think it needs to be really simple and probably have that same fall the guitar has. No chorus on the bass either, that makes the whole song sort of detatched. A dry electric bass would be ideal.
If you can get that crash out of the sample and use it more often, like on transitions and stuff, that would sound pretty nice. Have the bass drum, guitar, and piano drop out for a few measures and see how that sounds.
Check out mine?
futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48153512

There's a lot of things you could do with effects on the drums like reverb but it really isn't necessary, you could amplify the hats some. I think the sample though could be brought out just a bit on the highs maybe see if that sounds liver. Obviously needs a bassline that goes without saying. Really good mix though.

Thanks for the feed. Sorry I took so long to reply...

Anyways, I listened to your beat and have to say that it definitely has potential.
The drums and the samples all sound great, so I wouldn't change anything there.
I suggest adding a complimenting bassline and perhaps some strings what could accompany the guitars.
Also, work on structuring the song a little more.
Maybe adding a little intro, a little outro, or a breakdown would spice it up a bit...

Anyways, keep workin at it homi.

10Shoe said:
Thanks for the feed. Sorry I took so long to reply...

Anyways, I listened to your beat and have to say that it definitely has potential.
The drums and the samples all sound great, so I wouldn't change anything there.
I suggest adding a complimenting bassline and perhaps some strings what could accompany the guitars.
Also, work on structuring the song a little more.
Maybe adding a little intro, a little outro, or a breakdown would spice it up a bit...

Anyways, keep workin at it homi.

I got an intro/outro in the works as I type. Strings are a weakness in my sound collection, I will see if I can do something. Bass is also in the works...

yeah this is really good man, especially for a skeleton beat. My advice (like other people have noted), is to add in your own bass to give some more low end. Maybe even change the swing on the claps / hats in different bars of the song just do switch things up.

But it's a great song, good job!

Milkshake said:
yeah this is really good man, especially for a skeleton beat. My advice (like other people have noted), is to add in your own bass to give some more low end. Maybe even change the swing on the claps / hats in different bars of the song just do switch things up.

But it's a great song, good job!

thank you, milkshake....

yo that beat is straight kinda feel, but at times i feel the phrasing is a lil off, i think you got a lil chop happy, chops are smooth, but at times i feel the chops are not needed.
actual drum beat....boom bap, (*sigh*), man i love it so much..ima go shoot myself now

Chris Hanson said:
drums are perfect. just add your own bass to warm it up a little. other than that I dont think much more should be added. Less is more in some cases. good ish

agree...co-sign

Oh man! Hearing ur beat makes me sound like a noob!

Awsome! I think u cud do without strings as well.. IMO not all songs need to sound that 'full' all the time... cud probable use bass for chorus only..

just my 2cents

Back