New symphonic/progressive metal song - 'Monophysite'

Stardust, the track has humungus balls, Ozrics, Glass, Gong? Thrash metal/ rock guitar, epic strings, demonic choir, and a volcano of drums, a really splendid journey of sound, a magnificent melting pot of orchestral progression, and exactly the kind of piece Ill play, VERY LOUD, to remedy those needy moments of musical boredom,
Great work, well done.

Good song! So many different melodic situation, just an advice: Take more attention to the playing timing, especially in the first part! The end reminds me to symphonic power metal!

Hey man, I love the vibe and genre. The composition is really dynamic, and I really appreciate that. The problems that I hear are of a nature concerning the position of your instruments. With proper mixing you can make all of the instruments heard while keeping them surrounding the listener. I love the VST's you are using, and would love to know where you got them though. Your guitar is EQ'ed fairly well, but the drums have no power, and I hear a lot of the guitar and melody being put into the background. They should have some compression or amplitude in order to be in the forefront during their "showcase" during the phrasing.

The piece as a whole is done well as far as your musicianship. Some parts of the song seemed as if you are "off of the click", but overall the genre was represented correctly by your inspiration, and for that, I give you mad props.

What I would suggest:

Go back into your Drum software and consider where you want your drums int he EQ spectrum. I would recommend a boost at 75-150hz for the bass kick, cut the bass kick at 250-600hz to clean it up, and if you want to awesome attack on your kick, I would boost the highs on it in about the 3-5khz range.

I would also suggest recording your guitars in both left and right channels. Most people don't like to dub, and I agree. What you want is two separate tracks on the left and right each individually performed separately. This way you get a "true" stereo sound. I would recommend that for the rhythm guitars only, and then you can mix in the lead tracks at about 90% on the pan. That way you can have your drums come through without any interference from the hz on the lead.(As this would effect the snare seeing as it is in the same hz range as far as its tone, but this can be adjusted in the master track from the drum software if you have it.)

The song is written well, and the technique you are showing me is fairly intermediate, but I think that a good solid knowledge of mixing and mastering would do well to bring your project alive, and I hope you do, because damn, I really like your music.

Take care,

~J

Last edited:
overall the genre was represented correctly by your inspiration, and for that, I give you mad props.

Thanks for listening and thanks for such an informed feedback , recommendations and suggestions are a big ++

I love the VST's you are using, and would love to know where you got them though

I bought them. In this particular song i've used a lot of TC's power core plugins.

because damn, I really like your music.

Very inspiring to hear this, I believe this and other comments here are a good indication of the direction where this thing is heading given that it is still
a headphone mix demo. (albeit advanced one)

- Stardust

Back