New J-Dilla Type Beat (F4F)

GSCO

Hey everyone,

Check out my newest beat and let me know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated and I will make sure to return the favour!

-G-SCO

Damn, I was not expecting it to kick in that nice! The beat is great. I think you could use better sounds though. Everything is structured well, but something about the electric piano isn't clicking with me. Sounds like it needs something more. Overall pretty solid though.

here is my attempt at something new: Original Song (Feed for Feed) What do you guys think?

This is very nice. Everything sits well in the mix, and it hits hard while sounding good. I would add another element because it feels like something is missing as much as it sounds good
Keep it up,

I really glad you guys enjoyed it! All the feedback and constructive criticism has been really great, thanks again!

Nice hip hop vibes, it does have a bit of a Dilla vibe, definitely the Fantastic era. Like those wah filters on the keys a lot. With your rhodes not having to much low end, I'd like the bass to be a bit more prominent, bump it up in the mix there's definitely some room in the mix for it. The kick is really mixed well, sits nice in the mix. I'm assuming this is non-sampled, it has that sound...so I will say good job on those keys.

If you can hit me back here's my joint: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-south-etc/chill-hip-hop-vibes-here-480801/

Great chords in the intro and then those electric keys come in soundin real sexy. Fun song and I def appreciate the music you've created in this song - no trap or straight synths...this is hip hop, fam, and Dilla and Pete Rock would nod their heads to this. Like the wah effect too. I'd maybe switch up the chords at some point to add variation to the song - maybe play the same chords, but instead of it lasting 4 bars speed it up so it fits into 2 bars and see how that sounds, then repeat.

Check me out at: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...outh-etc/apollo-archangels-track-f4fa-480816/

Love the feel of this beat!! I can picture this in one of those old school settings. Or maybe a lyrical artist just going to work like a Mos Def. Good work.

This beat is dope as **** breh , dope instrument and drum everything mesh well . the only thing is the overall mix could be lil louder but that alright cause if you collab with an artist he can work on that himself but overall real chill beat man , keep up the good work.

Back