New Dilla Type Smooth Rhodes Beat (Feed 4 Feed!)

Sabelo93

Hey, I made this beat a couple of days ago.

I usually use samples for beats, but I try to make some without samples.

Really need some constructive feedback for this one. :p

Thanks,

Leave your links and I will return the feedback!

nice ambiance here I feel like the phasing synth in and out conflicts a little with the kick freq... I could be wrong tho. I think the hh could be a bit louder as well. the record noise is pretty cool too. mixed well imo I would maby switch up the drums a tiny bit more here and there as well but it's not my track hahah!! I like it brother this is good for a beat from scratch man.

Check me out!!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ngerous-remix-f4f-100%-hope-you-enjoy-494396/

Really got that dilla vibe down. Dope soundscape and feel. I like the chord progression and the sound selection overall. Mix is pretty straight but I think the rhodes are too much in the midrange and overpower the mix somewhat. Other than that, I really feel like this beat is lacking a bassline. Adding some nice muted bass hits on the kick pattern would really bring home that dilla feel. Overall, nice work. Hit me back: https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../robert-glasper-sampled-track-all-f4f-494521/

Thanks, I'm feeling all of the feedback. I used no sample :) Umm.... ye I might add a baseline thx, will look into it... just been so sick the last couple of days, will return the feedback in the morning :)

Thinking about adding a bassline, u think I should go with a muted bass? and should I try to add something / do a chord change to get a chorus or smthing? :p

Sounds atmospheric,the melody progression is great and smooth,I also like the crackling record sound,and the drums used are incredibly awesome!,Keep it up!

Thanks :) So right now, I am thinking about adding a bassline, switch up the drums and maybe do a little mixing (Hats, kick and main rhodes).

Anything else I should think about changing/adding? :p

The chord progression is raw too me! The mix could be a bit better, I would've applied a lil more reverb on the snare and keys, but overall, beautiful!

Back