New Beat: "Free Robin Hood" - Will it gain 16k plays like my other beat?

One thing that strikes you right away, is the perfect job done by the mixing and mastering engineer. Great EQing, great compression. I don't want to get into chords and beats stuff. It needs a second motive. The main melody is repeating too much :). Other than that, great track :). And the ending is sudden :).
Overall great track :). Good dope :).
Best regards,
Kostadin :)

Last edited:
I dig this man, I feel like mix wise you're really solid and got all the right components though. But composition wise you could definitely improve, maybe add another lead or so to make it more interesting. The pads you used were cool, but some contrast in notes would be cool, try playing around with fifths etc to match up to the lead and see where that takes you. Just an idea haha. Solid work though man, could definitely imagine someone spitting to this and if thats what you were going for then you're solid. great tag too hahaha

Yeeeahhh great work bro. I think you'll achieve these 16k, you will!!!
The whole beat sounds so clean, you're a great mixer haha.
I think you could make a bassline more powerful, but that still being fire!
just keep doing that bro,

[.phelix]

listen to my last beat maaaaaanng! https://soundcloud.com/beatsbyphelix/midnite

I like the melody at first, but without a rapper on it, it gets tiring of hearing the same notes non-stop, maybe taking out some soundss here and there during the beat to create variables or change the notes being played. The low end of the kick could be cleaner. Also try to use more space to make your beat wider, I felt this beat could be HUGE with a proper mix, But it felt as if a lot was happening in the middle.

chill stuff, no complaints.

This was sooo clean. I was vibing before the beat really dropped in its entirety! The transitions are what really got me. All the changeups and drop ins/outs are so imaginative.

It was as if each element was intrinsic to how the next one played out. Those elements coupled with the way you arranged made every section of the song unique and a clear queue point for, say, a writer to compose to.

Excellent direction. Loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole aka NidaBeats

Did you use a "water drop" sound? Really nice track, good mixing and many different sounds!

nah, they're plucks if were talking about the same thing. i do have those sounds in a beat i'm working on at the moment tho lol

thanks for listening

This beat will run your imaginations man. Like it tells a story or something. Liking it!

I like this track a lot man this is dope. Everyone pretty much summed up my only criticisms of the song. This is super tight!

Thanks i really appreciate it. :cheers:

lmfao...man im just trying to get my music out there in a positive way. i'll be sure to leave a message on your thread tomorrow, i'm about to crash but you already know my opinion. dope stuff

This beat will run your imaginations man. Like it tells a story or something. Liking it!

thank you for taking the time to listen. i truly appreciate it.

for those who havent checked out my stuff....you can follow me at

twitter: https://twitter.com/joeyjeff
soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joeyjeffproductions

also check out a beat that surpassed over 16,300 plays that went pretty much viral as just a beat

i practically just finished a new beat which i will be debuting soon. I really appreciate all the feed back and constructive criticism along with the positive stuff. remember to drop your links and i'll return my comments to those threads. thanks again. 1 love. :cheers:

Last edited:
It sounds like a summer hit for Wiz Khalifa. The melody is cool, the vibe is great, mixing is clean. What more can I say? I like the little changing at 2:40. Very nice work! ;)

yeah super clean mix right here. Cant say anything abt about this cuz this is not my style. Keep up the good work. Thanks for writing to my thread

thanks for everyones insights on this. i really appreciate the time you took to listen. :cheers:

Great vibe man. I love this tune. I like the fact the bass is not in the whole track. never taught about doing that. so thats kind of inspirational to me. The Arp melody is great. Just a dope beat man! Keep up the good work!

Back