NEW Beat - F4F - BoomBap

MTLK77

Hi guys,

here's a new one that I just made.
I added bass over the sample, I didn't really get what I wanted.

Not a great bass vst and mixing/mastering, I finally gave up this !

Drop a link and I'll give you my feedback ;)

This is nice man! Like the sample manipulation. You already mentioned the bass which could do with a little work, but otherwise not too much! Maybe some input of your own instruments/synths, just to add a little variation. Otherwise dope!

Thanks for the feedback!

when the drums come in this shit nice. yea that bass needs work.. but not bad on it the sample is nicely chopped i like how you changed it up too.. the drums need to be louder within the mix, we want to hear that thump but nice work keep it up

Last edited:
Love it! Great chops you've got there. I think the drums are fine where they are. Maybe the kick could use a little more low end or slight layering, but everything sounds dope. Great beat man!

I really like this one. I could tell right away because I was fantasizing about rapping over it. Super dope, funky boom bap. It's reminiscent of old school Brooklyn beats, yet with a new school spin on it. I'd also love to collab with you. I'll PM you.

Only thing I would suggest, is making that bass a little thicker, so it cuts through! Still, good stuff. Cheers!

Last edited:
This was pretty hot my dude. I really liked the up beat tempo and the distortion of the sample. It really gave it a classic feel ya know.

The drum pattern is really good but i think it needs some better mixing to make it stand more, same thing with the bass. The sample is very dope and i really like the way you chopped it up. Overall, it's a dope beat.

the thing that sticks out to me ... the bass and the kick seem to be poppin together ... you can get one to shine through more by simply eqing ... pull some low end away from the bass for the kick ...other then that good track ...

the thing that sticks out to me ... the bass and the kick seem to be poppin together ... you can get one to shine through more by simply eqing ... pull some low end away from the bass for the kick ...other then that good track ...

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm working on it, still my weakness, I'm total self taught in sound so not always easy.

I need some work on mixing/eqing, learning how to mix thing together but making each thing popping out greatly.

Last edited:
so far im diggin it bro love your chops, your drums are pretty cool too however i feel like they could use a little more punch, im not a big fan of bass vst's but the line you layed out with this doesnt sound that bad at all, might need to be eq'd a bit t i like it myself, all in all i think this is a fine beat my good man and i implore you to continue making beats, have a god one

Thank you guys, really appreciate.

As I say the problem with the bass is really the sound itself, the bassline is cool to me, I'm a bass player so I got what I wanted lol.

all in all i think this is a fine beat my good man and i implore you to continue making beats, have a god one

REALLY appreciate, thanks a lot it's always nice to hear that kinda things

Back