In Need of Tips and Suggestions for an Unfinished Beat!!!

NathanConnor

Hey guys, whats good? I've been workin on this beat and I like it so far but I know its missing things and needs a little tweaking. I'm thinking maybe the synths are too corny. What do you guys think? If you help me out I'll return feedback on one of your beats. Thank you!

Last edited:
You've got a good start here, I think you need to think in terms of DEPTH and start layering the $hit out of this beat. There could be a lot more percussion, and the synths which are mildly corny won't be that way if you layer the same line with another synth. Also, think in terms of countermelody and try to put another line in there that plays off of the main line.

The biggest part I noticed is how dry (acoustically) and narrow everything is. Try some more panning, put some more percussion in there, get a snappy kick to articulate the 808 attack, and run those synths through something to rough them up like a saturator or distortion!

But you're on the right track, just keep experimenting and try to get some more width and punch in the track!

Great job - keep it up!

Please return the feed when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...h-etc/do-dirt-[f4f-100%]-486891/#post49841503

Cheers!

Back