Need A Reality Check With My Beats (F4F)

JayProd

So lately, I don't know where my beats are at in terms of quality. I need strong criticism that can help me progress as a beat maker. I need a reality check, are my beats bad/good? Are they up to selling yet and if so how much are they worth? I'll return the feedback to your tracks, I just need a opinion form another perspective :hmmm: Keep the beat making game strong fam.

Last edited:
The beats sound quality is on point, but where you're lacking is in variation. Notice how todays music has lots of variations and motion; I'm not saying follow todays style by all means change it up, but variations for me personally are really important to get a more complete sounding beat. Other than that, I think you can easily sell your beats being that the artist makes old school type music. Keep that shit up bruh you can only get better!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...hop-beat-always-$pending-493916/#post49874476

Last edited:
TI think there good enough to sell but like some else mentioned in this thread, switch it up a little but your beats are still dope.

bro your beats are fire.. I see a lot of people talking about variation, but trust that if you have a dope rapper on your beat with a good message, people won't notice the lack of variation. So try not to sell your beats to some wack rappers & you'll be all good... my favorite ones are stargazin & finding forever.. the clap on finding for... is so smooth, like putting butter on a toast :D.. but yeah you can definitely sell them.

check out my latest joint ! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...y-south-etc/superstition-493944/#post49874596

Stargazing is a banger, quality wise your productions are just where they should be at this stage. These tracks are ready for a dope artist to come and flame them out. Great crate digging and your chops are smooth aF. It's 50/50 to write a hit record when you are producing you are in essence writing musical lyrics that will aid the artist. That's why you always want to keep your publishing, find you a dope artist you believe in a build him. Never "sell" your work. Just my 2 cents buddy.

The Nujabes tribute has soul! It had me moving hahaha. Your sampling chops are real smooth man. I think like other guy above me said it best. Don't "sell" your beats. Find an artist, or group of artists to grow with. It will sell itself once you have a complete package. Musically you are there. You just need to find the right lyricist to put poetry over those soulful tunes. If that is what you wan to do of course. Keep grinding my man. And thanks for the feed. I tightened up a couple of my drops like you advised. Still not there yet, but my track is definitely better because of that. Thank you!

First beat could use more boost in the lows but overall clean mixing and i really liked the strings.
2nd beat is a bit quiet and im not feeling the kick but its mixed clean as well and the way you chopped the sample is dope.
3rd beat is perfect. really like the chill vibe and the drums are on point.
4th beat is good too clean mixing.

Overall you have clean mixes and everything is on point but you could use more drumvariation, creativity, aplly some effects maybe.
And compare the 2nd beat to the rest of your beats and you know what i mean. Keep it up i like your style.

Yo got soul man. That nujabes beat is everything. All your beats are smooth as hell. I take it you're sticking to the old school vibe. Good choice. Keep doing what you're doing man. Thanks for the feed

sound? on point
quality? way on point
I think as said above just variation and try to get each song to pop in a way a rapper isn't even neede... then when an emcee jumps on it's got even more life you know? to answer your question life happened lol but I kinda just decided to stop for a while to recharge you know? I had been putting out like one or 2 tracks a week for few months and just felt like I wasn't really progressing very much. and then one day I just started writing again and the passion was twice as hard. I hope you figure out what you need to keep working man but if a break is it... do it sooner rather than later so we can have you back kicking ass. stay up playa

sound quality is good..it does have that feel good 90's vibe to them...overall nicely mixed ... i diiig it...keep it up my friend

Finding forever is my favourite so far! The beats are pretty good, to be honest Stargazin wasn't really my taste but the others are good! Selling these beats or any beats is a different thing to be honest. It's more likely to have a good marketing strategy instead of making the hottest beats on Earth. Of course the quality counts as well but I know many other beatmakers who makes barely even okay beats but they make 100 USD+ a day while others (count me in as well) making better than okay beats, at some point, great beats BUT because of the lack of marketing, we don't sell that much. I'm working on it to make more and more sales per day.
If you want to sell them, go ahead, just one tip, if you are just starting out selling take MOST OF YOUR TIME studying online marketing and don't count the cost! These were my biggest mistakes, because I could hit TOP 100 on SoundClick 2 years ago but I was keep counting the cost. Sorry for the personal, good beats, keep progressing and thank you for your feedback on my beat!

Your beats are dope. I have no bad things to say... Maybe, I'm feeling them this much cause I am a huge Guru fan and I'm getting emotional over his death.

In my opinion if you were in the 90's you would be making hits! But honestly I think if you wanna make it today, I think you should change your drums up. Not saying use trap drums and 808's and all that but just give it a more modern feel. Kinda like J.Cole or !llmind do. But stills dope shit for real!

Bro, Bro, Bro, you got talent, I wish I was at that level. Everyone of your beats sound professional, the mix is awesome, the last one has that Dilla like subtle but addictive low end, what more can I say. The only criticism I can give is to those potential customers that might have overlooked you, but you know stay grinding and get heard. I'm a fan no doubt, this is the kinda vibe i want to create, dont stop what ure doing.

check out my post here:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../redemption-nelson-mandela-sample-f4f-494328/

Peace.

Back