Need Feedback on Production EP, will return the favor

livedg

The beats are far from finished (still need to edit and re-mix and master) but i want feedback on how the ep sounds overall to know if im going in the right direction with it. Since i made the beats, its hard for me to listen to them casually so i need peoples opinion if they sound good or not. Want to add about 2-4 more but i want to know if these beats will work first. Thanks and i will return the favor.

Click the link ^.. Should be 7 more songs

Last edited:
on the first song i dont like the panning. also the beat sounds distorted.

the second one is better. has a nice dark vibe to it.

the third again sounds distorted or overcompressed. something is not ok. but they all have the same pattern, no change in the chorus or verse... so check for a song structure. intro, verse, chorus, bridge...

the fourth is again good. like the snare on this one. has a nice vibe to it. relaxed and chilled. good job. again song structure is not what i think a song should be.

fifth is a chilled track. but again the same motiv over the whole song. some change ups, but this is only a beat not a complete song structure.

check my song:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/trip-orient-hard-hitting-banger-f4f-492336/

on the first song i dont like the panning. also the beat sounds distorted.

the second one is better. has a nice dark vibe to it.

the third again sounds distorted or overcompressed. something is not ok. but they all have the same pattern, no change in the chorus or verse... so check for a song structure. intro, verse, chorus, bridge...

the fourth is again good. like the snare on this one. has a nice vibe to it. relaxed and chilled. good job. again song structure is not what i think a song should be.

fifth is a chilled track. but again the same motiv over the whole song. some change ups, but this is only a beat not a complete song structure.

check my song:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c/trip-orient-hard-hitting-banger-f4f-492336/

thanks bro this helped a lot

Really digging it all, it's the type of beats I chill with for sure, well done.
Can't really say anything bad about any track on the EP besides the fact they get a bit too repetitive as just instrumentals, think about variety.

Feeling it man. I would say though it gets a bit repetitive, some more transitions and switch ups would be a great thing to add. Keep it up dude

I would call this more of a beat tape than and EP. I like the set up, the tracks flow into each other real well. The transitions from tracks 5-8 are cool and "Line" is a great way to end it. The mixes all sound nice and I think the instrumentals are all dressed up well. Not sure what else you planned on doing to it but I think it sounds good. Keep doing your thing fam

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...esis7-rapper-quote-ep-5-track-snippet-492296/

Thanks so much for the feed on my beat - I'm here to return the favor!

Overall your work is really solid man. I like the musical direction you've taken and the sounds are well chosen and work well together IMHO.

I do agree with some of the other posts that some variation and transitions will really help it pop. In truth, I probably get the crux of my tracks down in a relatively short time and spend the MOST time working on the transitions as that's where the real magic happens. In fact there's a famous quote by Debussy that says something like "Music is the silence between the notes." I don't mean to take it so literally, but I think the idea is that one note or one groove isn't what really moves us musically but it's about how things all work together - about the build from one section to another, as well as the ebb and flow/build and release of tension. So more transitions will just help bring that drama out.

But having said that the music is all there my friend! You sound really good, and I can see a lot of artists doing good work with these.

Keep it up!

On hibbert, I thought that it may need a bit of a change up that is further than the snare, but other than that it was pretty smooth. My favorite song in the EP is certainly Bootsy, it has many nice nuances that make it very enjoyable. One those is the strings that counteract eachother, and how they work with the synth. I really think that it is brilliant.

first one needs work on mix ... pretty much the same throughout the beats ... add a different arrangement for a switch up ... to repititive

returned

Back