My First Beat of 2015 (F4F)

JayProd

Here's a simple melancholy beat I made to start off 2015. Feedback would be great :cool: Leave your tracks to return the favor.

This is nice, the clap and the kick have a nice muffled sound to them, really fits the sample. The high hats/percussion are really nicely mixed also. Nice work !

You know what you could do for creativity,, split the sample in three category. One hi, one mid, one low.. and at on point, you can take out the hi and mid, keep only the low of the sample while the drum keeps playing. It would create a more calm part in the beat, even though this beat is already calm.

dope vibe, dope vibe

check out my latest joint ! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tc/smooth-flows-ny-old-school-hip-hop-493556/

smooth melody it sounds pretty chill. The only thing that sounded weird to me were the flutes(?). About the drums: you could increase the snare a lil bit and add compression. other than that i dont have to say nothin else.

Thanks so much for your feedback on my beat! I'm here to return the favor!

This is super solid work, bro! I really dig the tonal elements you chose (guitar, keys, etc...). The drums sound really good as well. You did a nice job of mixing them with plenty of punch and programming with plenty of swing but not getting overly aggressive with it. Overall great work.

Keep it up - 2015 will be good to you!

Cheers!

Love the sample, beat is dope! It has a really mellow vibe, could definitely see somebody rapping over this. I keep hearing little bits of a guitar in there, it would be sick if you brought that out a little more, or added a breakdown with some classical guitar samples. Keep it up man sounds great!

Check mine out when you get the chance

Almost sounds like those old school Sega video game instrumentals with a hip hop drum track laid over it. I would have liked to see more call and answer way in the background but that can mess a beat up sometimes....

Back