''Make It Rain'' F4F, Trap/Chiraq Drill beat

YoungBlazeHo

Sup guys, I'm here with a new track of mine. School started so I am working much less than I did a month ago.
Anyways, I'm a 16 year old beatmaker, making beats for 2 months probably. And this is like my 15th beat.
I need your opinion on melody, drums, mixing and everything.

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/vid-vu-enovi/i-go-hard

Oh and yeah, drop your links, I will be happy to check them all out!
Peace

Normally this ain't my style, but I'll be lying if I didn't say this goes hard! Agree with the guy above me though, a deep bass line would make this track bang.

Nice start on this one my friend - you have come a long way in a short time. I think the melody is right for the genre so good work! I do have some constructive criticism though:

Overall the beat is underproduced which has led to the mix being off and unbalanced. Let me explain: Overall you have found your core group of sounds in your melody, pad, main drums, etc... Now that you have those elements in place you need to find some things to fill in the missing spaces and keep the track moving along. SFX are a great way to do this - maybe a reverse snare to lead into the main snare hits. And maybe layer some more percussion on your snare every now and again.

Then get some incidental percussion in there, maybe some horn/alarm sounds, and a bigger kick presence. When you get all these elements in - then you need to build the mix from the ground up and make some conscious decisions about what is MOST important in this track/style of music. I mean no disrespect to lovers of trap music, but melody is NOT what this genre is known for - so the melodic elements can come down and the drums can come up. And the pads are ALWAYS an afterthought.

I mean no offense; I wasn't doing this at 16 so you're way ahead of me. But I know if you try some of the things I suggested it will come even farther!

Keep it up brother! Good work!

Please return the feed when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...h-etc/do-dirt-[f4f-100%]-486891/#post49841503

Cheers!

It needs a bass for sure. Try adding more variations throughout the track as well, to keep things moving and interesting. The melody is very nice though, and for only producing for 2 months or so you're doing pretty great. Keep up the work and study mixing and such some more and you're good.

Good job buddy, your beats sound waaaaaaaay better then what mine did in those early stages lol. My obvious recommendation would be to clean up the mix which im pretty sure you are working on. Develop your ear and keep grinding.

hey wasup man, thanks for the feedback on my track, anyway beat is pretty good, hi hats and drums are on point, like above add a bassline and let the kick drum out into the front more, feel like its sittin the back in the mix too far, but overall gj, could def see somebody spittin on this, stay righteous

Make the 808 way louder you can't even hear it...replace the snare roll at 1:46 because the one you have is pretty bad lol. Develop the melody a little bit because it is a great melody but it gets old after hearing it for a minute straight.

But most of what you did is pretty spot on.

This is really good man you on a good start . Very complex beat for only 2 month of practice and sound quality is good to . Everything is on point on this beat but i feel it need those nasty 808 on top of it that would really set it off . Great work overall.

this is not bad, maybe add some bass to it then it will crack. Try to make it hit harder on the hooks, overall ur gettin better.

This is really good for just starting out. I agree pretty much spot on with what hcgaron said in an earlier post. You do have all the elements here, but you need some extra sounds, those things that make a track really sound produced fully. I would also like to hear a bassline, especially for this style of music, I expect a large low end. Keep it up, you've got a lot of potential. Check me out when you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...outh-etc/new-hip-hop-lv-aura-100%-f4f-487021/

Yup like everyone said that's a real nice beat. Especially considering you haven't been doing this for a long time.
It's a pity the bass is missing it would make the beat way better

Back