Kirikiou's Kwanzaa EP Beattape (F4F Like Always...)

Returning feed. Real well done. Mixes are all tight, beats have a good headnod vibe, and there's a lot of creativity here. Nothing negative to say at all. I enjoyed listening through and through. Also, saw you're in Atlanta, so am I. Shot you a follow on soundcloud, let me know if you ever want to put something together.

You kinda remind me of a tribal version of Flying Lotus :cool:. Umoja and Ujamaa are my favorite cuts on here. They have those vibes where you can zone out and enjoy every detail in those beats to really appreciate what you're listening to. Those are the most interesting tracks. And you have a collection of those here. The mixes are tight and the sounds get very creative and mesh into each other so effortlessly and natural that the overall project feels like a journey through different areas of life. I know it sounds kinda weird, but just have that type of mentality lmao. Dope project, I think I've seen you on the Kanye forums before. Keep up the good work, with this creativity, you might strive and find a new sound untouched yet.

It sounds calm and smooth,the vibe on this is just amazing,you have a unique style that is amazing,your productions are tight,no flaws,Keep it up!

Nguzo Saba-Tro - Lovely opening sample, transitioning smoothly to the main track. Has a soundtrack quality to it, almost. The dreamy organ floating underneath it all is sweet, fits well. The characterful synth is cool (or whatever it was). Nice!

Umoja - Interesting bass. Little bit trippy, which I liked. The repetition doesn't do it any favours - a transition could ascend it; make it more memorable. It's well-made, but doesn't pop out at you.

Kujichagulia - Another cool opening sample; nice, rounded beat; the flute-like instrument gives it a spiritual vibe. The whole thing has an Indian quality that I dig.

Ujima - A little bit messier than the other tracks, IMO. The more complicated background stuff almost trips over the beat, or vice-versa. Maybe that's intentional. It's all right, though. Quite clever, actually.

Ujamaa - You have a knack for choosing samples as intros. Another good one. Old movies can give great eerie vibes, can't they? Nice. I think the bass cuts out some of the interesting, snake-charmy back-stuff going on, or maybe it's the kick. Can't tell, but something's getting lost. Like the twisted Rihanna vocal. Good!

Nia - I'm getting sick of saying, "Nice opening sample!" Let's accept that from now on, ha. Other than that: enjoyed the jazzy, rolling piano chords. Subtles bass gives it a warmth. Like the '90s-era synth sound. Yeah, funky.

Kuumba - Almost has Bhangra sensibilities, but not as hardcore. It's more chill than that. I like how it turns into a little percussive jam at the end. Sounds improvised, in a way. Not much else to add. Chill.

Imani-Tro - Love the vocal stuff. Sad in one sense (female), aggressive in another (male). Odd combo, but interesting. It drags on a bit, perhaps. The beat bleeds into other sounds here, too. I wanna hear more from the underlying melody. Percussion's good, though; fast and ethnic.

Cool! Hope this helped. Thanks for your feedback on my track. :)

Last edited:
Cant remember if I commented on these before but either way the ep is fire man. Love the smooth, jazzy beats. Keep it up!

Back