J.Cole Type Beat ( Empty World )

Right from the start I was into it man! Great use of those supersaws, with a good sense of space. Nice melody too.

Regarding the mix, I felt the snare lacked some depth and punch, maybe a layer with a trashy sample would help bring it out. Also the white noise seems a bit too present in the mix, taking away from the hats/cymbals, and leads. The mix is a bit too heavily limited during mastering, as it distorts every time the kick hits.
Musically this is very nice! I would revisit the mix and master for more punch.
Please return the feed when you can!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...po-club-style-beat-[f4f]-485096/#post49833816

keep it up!

Right from the start I was into it man! Great use of those supersaws, with a good sense of space. Nice melody too.

Regarding the mix, I felt the snare lacked some depth and punch, maybe a layer with a trashy sample would help bring it out. Also the white noise seems a bit too present in the mix, taking away from the hats/cymbals, and leads. The mix is a bit too heavily limited during mastering, as it distorts every time the kick hits.
Musically this is very nice! I would revisit the mix and master for more punch.
Please return the feed when you can!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...po-club-style-beat-[f4f]-485096/#post49833816

keep it up!

thanks for the detailed feedback i also commented on your link thanks for mentioning the mix im currently using some headphone by monster the n-tune headphones so my mixing capability is limited but i will definitely go back and try to address those things you pointed out.

Last edited:
DOPE!!! the melody is super catchy, digging the drums, but to piggyback off of what hcgaron said, the white noise is a little too apparent in the mix. It sounds like the kick cuts into the mix a little too much, I think you should make a little more room for the snare and hi hats. but cutting the white noise down should help out with that.

all in all I can only critique the mix because the beat itself was dope man keep it up.

Back