I appreciate all feedback and will try to return

I like the last one best but from one producer to another you still need more practice.I'm not trying to knock your music.You don't seem to have a specific mood or "genre" for your music just yet. Listen to whatever music you like and try to emulate them without straight up copying.Learn some music theory or just practice on the piano.Watch tutorials on youtube and google free drumkits if you need some.Again not trying to put you down but I just remember when my music used to sound exactly like this.Just PRACTICE all the time and you will start to see and hear the difference
Thanks for the feed on my track too.:)

well my problem is i can never get a song to come out how i want it in my head. i figured learning music theory would help but its not coming as easy as i expected. that and i cant seem to create the sounds that i actually want, so most of the time im just using tweaked presets. i dont know where to learn to make my own sounds from scratch, but all of this should just come with time right? as for the genre thing, i kinda just do what i feel like doing in my songs. i don't stick to any one type of music, but thanks for being straight up and just telling me that i simply need to practice more. i like your honesty.

There's a few parts to the whole making beats thing, you got the creative part but need to learn the technicalities behind doing it. It's funny reading this though because I felt the EXACT same way 6 months ago. I took piano lessons last semester for the first time though and both my ear training and theory in general grew exponentially. Do you know the scales and what chord progressions are?

well my problem is i can never get a song to come out how i want it in my head. i figured learning music theory would help but its not coming as easy as i expected. that and i cant seem to create the sounds that i actually want, so most of the time im just using tweaked presets. i dont know where to learn to make my own sounds from scratch, but all of this should just come with time right? as for the genre thing, i kinda just do what i feel like doing in my songs. i don't stick to any one type of music, but thanks for being straight up and just telling me that i simply need to practice more. i like your honesty.

There's a few parts to the whole making beats thing, you got the creative part but need to learn the technicalities behind doing it. It's funny reading this though because I felt the EXACT same way 6 months ago. I took piano lessons last semester for the first time though and both my ear training and theory in general grew exponentially. Do you know the scales and what chord progressions are?

yes i do have a pretty basic concept of scales and chord progression, its just the playing that i have not gotten the hang of yet. ive tried playing synthesia but my keyboard is only 25 keys and there are not many songs you can play only in the 25 keys... i wish my school offered a piano class, but i did sign up for a music theory class, so i guess i will have to teach myself to play huh? i dont have time for a personal teacher.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking out my beat.

Checked the first beat, was okay, i thought the synth choice was strange though and the Bass is detuned abit too much which is throwing me off. Also noted the hats weren't as constant as i though they should be. Try to add a little flicking hi hat to give your beat some more movement. Also turn down that other open hi hat that comes in, its probably abit too loud.

Hope this helps. Keep at it.

Back