Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my music?

sounds pretty cool to me. Mayb ur kicks can come trough a bit more. Everything seems pretty mono. Nothing really shines. Im just a noob though. But thats what i hear.
Compare to Dansonnbeats on youtube.

You can improve by practicing and learning all you can. wisdom comes through experience & knowledge.
But i can hear some clashing in the low end. EQ and panning should clean that up

I think your music sounds great, actually. Way better than I expected when i saw the title of this thread. The only thing I can be sort of critical of is the small dynamic range in your beats. As in maybe they are a little bit over limited/compressed. This is coming from somebody who is pretty new to the art of mixing though, so I can't be certain that's your issue. You seem to have a good logo, website and social media setup as well, but all I can say is market yourself a lot! look out for ways that people can find you, because you have real talent.

check out my newest beat:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...etc/city-nights-dark-hip-hop-beat-f4f-484887/

Depending on what style you aiming for, your mix will vary. If this was meant for hip hop, I would say 90% of the time, in hip hop , the drum is the main focus , so turn it louder , make in stand out more. The rest of the instruments are nice though, pretty chill beat. nice eq, but you can still work on the volume levels, if needed.

check out my soundcloud and let me know what you think !

I think your music sounds great, actually. Way better than I expected when i saw the title of this thread. The only thing I can be sort of critical of is the small dynamic range in your beats. As in maybe they are a little bit over limited/compressed. This is coming from somebody who is pretty new to the art of mixing though, so I can't be certain that's your issue. You seem to have a good logo, website and social media setup as well, but all I can say is market yourself a lot! look out for ways that people can find you, because you have real talent.

check out my newest beat:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...etc/city-nights-dark-hip-hop-beat-f4f-484887/

Thank you very much for the great feedback! I really appreciate the criticism. I agree with you about the overcompression, but I cannot find a way to counter that. I think I need to learn and understand more about compression.
I listened to your track and I think you could bring out the drums a little bit more, otherwise I think it's a very nice chill beat! I like it. I think we should work together sometime since we're still learning and we got different styles, so that would be awesome. Let me know. We could learn a lot from each other!

Depending on what style you aiming for, your mix will vary. If this was meant for hip hop, I would say 90% of the time, in hip hop , the drum is the main focus , so turn it louder , make in stand out more. The rest of the instruments are nice though, pretty chill beat. nice eq, but you can still work on the volume levels, if needed.

check out my soundcloud and let me know what you think !

Indeed it was meant for hip hop, so yeah I agree with you that my drums need to be louder. Actually, when I mix I make sure that the snare is at a higher level than every other instrument. I usually make the kicks loud as well, but when I master the whole track, everything just changes. It is almost like it's not the same track I made originally.

But yeah, I guess it's a compression problem. I will be working more on this.

Thanks a lot for the feedback :)

I listened to some of your tracks, I like how your drums stand out from all other instruments! Exactly what I need in my own tracks. Your instruments are pretty much clear and crisp, and the tracks themselves are dope. So I am not very sure what advice I could give here. All I can say is keep on grinding!

It sounds like your where I was a little while ago and im still not very good. It sounds like you use compression a lot which can help in certain cases but if used too much makes your music sound cheap.
The thing with compression is that a lot of mixer plugins do it without you really realizing your doing it. So if you use something like a multiband compressor or just a compressor on an instrument and then go into maximus or something like that than your just compressing it again which is probably too much. Ive started to stay away from all compression until I begin mastering and then use it sparingly. I guarantee this will help you at least a little bit, I wish I knew more but im kind of new myself.

I would appreciate your feedback on my track.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...new-beat-would-like-your-opinions-f4f-485000/

https://soundcloud.com/flip-keez

Back