Apollo - Archangels Track (F4FA)

wildinout8

The latest uploaded Archangels hip hop/upbeat dance track for the Summertime.

Lemme know if it's straight trash or if I'm on to something - my girlfriends mom isn't feeling the chorus, but I told her I was still bringing this track to my fellow BoardMembers.

If you're a trap fan I appreciate your feedback, but I'm looking for melodic, song structure and mixing advice so please stick to that.

And, as always, when you leave me a link I will ALWAYS return feedback and if your style resonates with me then I will follow you on Soundcloud.

This reminds me of Crash Bandicoot Kart racing which is a good thing. This beat was really hard to give advice on for some reason, I had to keep re-listening to find anything to say.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you wanted "boomy" drums but I would start with making space for the drums or layer one with more top end to it because it feels like the drum kinda gets lost when the chorus comes in.
I would also make sure that the brass is EQ'ed properly (high pass) because it feels like your steel drums are getting lost in the mix (boost a bit of top end on the steel drums for clarity).

I've also noticed that your beat doesn't have a lot of high end instruments to it besides your hats, percs etc.
I would high pass a piano or something and add it in, just so its not getting in the way of anything else but also giving the listeners something to follow while having your brass lowered a few DB's to make space for the high passed instrument (so it sits on top).

The beat itself sounds nice though, keep it up and I hope you got something out of my advice.

This reminds me of Crash Bandicoot Kart racing which is a good thing. This beat was really hard to give advice on for some reason, I had to keep re-listening to find anything to say.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you wanted "boomy" drums but I would start with making space for the drums or layer one with more top end to it because it feels like the drum kinda gets lost when the chorus comes in.
I would also make sure that the brass is EQ'ed properly (high pass) because it feels like your steel drums are getting lost in the mix (boost a bit of top end on the steel drums for clarity).

I've also noticed that your beat doesn't have a lot of high end instruments to it besides your hats, percs etc.
I would high pass a piano or something and add it in, just so its not getting in the way of anything else but also giving the listeners something to follow while having your brass lowered a few DB's to make space for the high passed instrument (so it sits on top).

The beat itself sounds nice though, keep it up and I hope you got something out of my advice.

This is some great advice and I really appreciate it! I'm at work right now and will return the feedback this evening

I think the mix is pretty solid, everything seems to be sitting nicely in their own frequencies. I like the instrumentation on the hook a lot going on, but it all fits together. The synths remind me of Beverly Hills Cop for some reason, not melody wise, just the actual sound of the synth...a good thing! I dig the melody on the hook, it has a nice uplifting vibe. Not really digging the new instrument that comes in the third verse, maybe try a different sound or different melody...I don't think it fits. Other than that, can't complain too much about anything else. Having a tough time deciding who would be on this track, definitely would want to get a singer on that hook, verses...I don't know!

Good work.

I think the mix is pretty solid, everything seems to be sitting nicely in their own frequencies. I like the instrumentation on the hook a lot going on, but it all fits together. The synths remind me of Beverly Hills Cop for some reason, not melody wise, just the actual sound of the synth...a good thing! I dig the melody on the hook, it has a nice uplifting vibe. Not really digging the new instrument that comes in the third verse, maybe try a different sound or different melody...I don't think it fits. Other than that, can't complain too much about anything else. Having a tough time deciding who would be on this track, definitely would want to get a singer on that hook, verses...I don't know!

Good work.

Thanks for the feedback, Scotty! I tried to flip that 3rd verse in a whole different direction while still maintaining the overall theme with the low horns and that is something I myself have been torn over whenever I listen to this track going to work in the mornings. I agree that it does seem a bit off and will possibly go back and reevaluate the vision of the 3rd verse.

Loving the vibes man, this is definitely a dance track. i can see where scotty thinks the synths sound similar to the ones from bev hills cop, it feels very 80s to me, and ill have to agree with that melody on the 3rd verse it seems a little out of place and forced i think everything else is tight though, and the mixing is great aswell nothings overbearing or too low. good job bro keep up the good work

Loving the vibes man, this is definitely a dance track. i can see where scotty thinks the synths sound similar to the ones from bev hills cop, it feels very 80s to me, and ill have to agree with that melody on the 3rd verse it seems a little out of place and forced i think everything else is tight though, and the mixing is great aswell nothings overbearing or too low. good job bro keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback, JazzyJohn, and I'm def going to rework the 3rd verse this weekend since everyone agrees it needs a touch up.

original stuff here. i really like the way you arranged things and placed things within their own space with reverb/EQ. there's some nice call and response type melodies that are cool.

my review points are minor. I would turn down around 8-10khz on the hats, they are rather harsh. if those frequencies aren't responsible for the harshness then use EQ with a very high Q and search around. shouldn't take more than a few db of eq in the upper frequency ranges to tame the harshness.

also, i would make the brass hit a little bit harder, it gets buried in the mix when the track is really reaching its peak in energy. consider moving aside some of the other elements to make room for the brass. this can be done using m/s processing to tame the middle of some other instruments, or using just traditional EQ. overall great track here man, keep it up

Man, this is a great all around track! I left you a comment on SoundCloud. I like the creativity with this. Keep it up man. Definitely sounds like something that could be sued for commercial use like a video game or advertising.. or maybe to set a mood in a company's lobby room?

Great stuff

Can you tell me what you think of this and leave a comment on SoundCloud if possible? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...guranteed-drop-links-so-i-can-comment-481128/

This is nice man love the originality. This is a fun sounding track it would be cool with some type of visual. everything sounds pretty clean as far as the mix is concerned. nice work man keep It up

original stuff here. i really like the way you arranged things and placed things within their own space with reverb/EQ. there's some nice call and response type melodies that are cool.

my review points are minor. I would turn down around 8-10khz on the hats, they are rather harsh. if those frequencies aren't responsible for the harshness then use EQ with a very high Q and search around. shouldn't take more than a few db of eq in the upper frequency ranges to tame the harshness.

also, i would make the brass hit a little bit harder, it gets buried in the mix when the track is really reaching its peak in energy. consider moving aside some of the other elements to make room for the brass. this can be done using m/s processing to tame the middle of some other instruments, or using just traditional EQ. overall great track here man, keep it up

Thanks for the feedback, dewaldo, but I wasn't able to hear what you meant about the harshness. I did agree with you about the brass and I worked on it's levels so that it didn't get hidden when the beat was reaching it's climaxes. Thanks for the feedback and I will do some studying to better understand what you mean with the EQ'ing - def some great and instructional feedback that I appreciate.

Man, this is a great all around track! I left you a comment on SoundCloud. I like the creativity with this. Keep it up man. Definitely sounds like something that could be sued for commercial use like a video game or advertising.. or maybe to set a mood in a company's lobby room?

Great stuff

Can you tell me what you think of this and leave a comment on SoundCloud if possible? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...guranteed-drop-links-so-i-can-comment-481128/

I appreciate the feedback and the love on Soundcloud fam - I left a comment on your song on Soundcloud, am following you and will follow up on your post. You make the kind of music that inspires me and makes me sit my ass down in the lab and do work on some pentatonics fam

This is nice man love the originality. This is a fun sounding track it would be cool with some type of visual. everything sounds pretty clean as far as the mix is concerned. nice work man keep It up

Thanks for the feedback, jts90! You got a track I can critique or a Soundcloud so I can check you out and return the love?

I agree with maizar it definitely could use a little high end besides the hi hats because they stick out a bit much also it sounds like it could use a little something else in there.

Im feelin the direction this is going in tho i nodded my head all the way through

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-its-crazy-check-out-f4f-481170/#post49816793

I feel what you both are saying and will see what I can come up with - thanks for the feedback and I will check your joint out

I appreciate the feedback and the love on Soundcloud fam - I left a comment on your song on Soundcloud, am following you and will follow up on your post. You make the kind of music that inspires me and makes me sit my ass down in the lab and do work on some pentatonics fam

Thanks fam! Means a lot!

I'm usually not into this type of music but this is one of my favorite tracks I've listened to on FP! The song isn't dull at any moment throughout and you have some really sweet instruments and melodies. I can't say I have anything to critique on the song so I apologize. Really unique and amazing work fam. Keep it coming, I really enjoy this

Back