90's Boom Bap Sample Based Instrumental (F4F)

hrpilm

Back with another beat, with some heavy drums and some really catchy samples put together. Let me know what you think, and I will check out your stuff and give you feedback as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for taking a look :)

Sample is nice and catchy but I also feel like the drums should be a lil more complex, I get where your coming from and I like the boom bap hip hop sound and think you should keep that vibe but jus add some more kicks in there and maybe try some more snares too. And I also wanted the sample to be louder. Good work so far, a little tweaking and it could be a real dope beat.

Check out my beat- https://www.futureproducers.com/for...|-sampled-chill-storytelling-beat-f4f-483224/

Last edited:
Dope sample, you did nice chops, but man those drums need to be better.
Find the good kit, make the good mix, you'll geat a dope song, also the pattern is really too much linear.

Keep grinding you've got a thing to do with that sample.

NEW Rock-Sampled Beat - F4F

Very nice sample choice! I also agree on the faster drums, and maybe some more swing to it. Also, the snare is too loud in my opinion. Switch up the pattern so it doesn't feel like a loop to others.

Nice i really like that sample. only thing i would do different is stutter that kick a little on the 1 and 4. Great work.

I like the flow you got going. The samples work together but I do feel some more leveling can be done. Around the 1:05 mark I also think the plucking strings can be brought to life a little more. like maybe layer is with some slight FX? Overall I like the mix though.

I have to agree with the most people on the drums. I mean it's still pretty cool as it is, but the track would probably benifit if drums were given a faster pace/a bit more complexity.

Back