Neo Soul R&B track using an Acapella from Looperman

hezekiah

Soulful Keys
I found a really nice singer from the website Looperman and decided to make a whole track from it.

Who that's fresh:bigeyes:, the rhodes are on point her voice too. the sounds are places where they are needed and thats dope.
On the other hand i would have chosen a different kick sound more top end to it so it cuts through the mix.

And the snare got to click and bang through too which to me personally it doesnt. I think you can turn it up a bit louder and compress a bit cause her voice is really sitting on top of the whole track instead of it all being one thing.

And i would have played the drums live using pads or a keyboard it's neo soul and it gots to groove. can't be too static. And if you did play this on time with no quantize you are really on time and should relax and groove more. be quest love in the pocket tight but also quest love late and grooving like he was on those D'angelo joints.

I Hope this was usefull for you and would love to see an updated version.

Feedback Jazz Hip-Hop

Last edited:
Yo man thanks - this is the kind of constructive criticism I need. I play all the keys my self, I do jazzy stuff in bands. But some people have said in the past that my drums have no life, and that's maybe coz I'm always quantizing. After seeing your comment I went back to the lab and made a Neo soul beat raw, with no quantization and the vibe was so bouncy and live - thanks man.

No problem man, keep me updated with the versions and holler at me if you got some new stuff. The keys are ill man big probs for that. Give me a link man of you playing jazz in bands. Huge jazz head over here.

I recently finished my Jazz Hip-Hop album i would love to recieve some feedback from you. >> click <<

Peace

Back